These Watermelon Margarita Jello Shots combine the flavors of juicy watermelon, tangy lime, and smooth tequila, creating a refreshing boozy treat for summer celebrations.
Margarita and Jello Shots in one with a watermelon twist? Count me in! I’m a total sucker for margaritas any day of the week, whether it’s a refreshing pink lemonade margarita or a tropical frozen mango margarita.
When it comes to summer flavors, watermelon takes the crown for being incredibly refreshing, especially on a scorching hot day. While I’ve enjoyed watermelon margaritas in the past, I decided to give it a shot as a Jello treat, given its immense popularity. And boy, was it the best decision ever!
These bite-sized shots bring together the vibrant tastes of juicy watermelon, tangy lime, and the kick of tequila all in one irresistible package.
Imagine the fun of these margarita Jello shots with their vivid red hue, a touch of salt lining the rim, and a lime garnish. And the flavor? Just as mouthwatering as you’d expect from any margarita concoction.
Not only are they delicious, but they’re also perfect for packing up and taking with you to the beach or a pool party. Simply top each Jello shot with a lime slice, seal the container, and when you arrive, add the salt around the rim before serving.
Whether you’re throwing a lively backyard fiesta or just seeking a unique way to beat the heat, these jello shots are guaranteed to impress your guests and have them asking for seconds.
Grab your ingredients and get ready to whip up these delightful jello shots that bring the party vibes wherever they’re enjoyed!
Why You’ll Love These Margarita Jello Shots Recipe
- Refreshing and delicious: perfect for summertime gatherings!
- Easy to make: just a few simple ingredients is all you need.
- A hit with your guests: everyone loves a good jello shot!
- Watermelon Jello
- Coarse Salt
- Lime Slices
- Condiment Cups
- Swap tequila for rum or vodka.
- Try different flavors using different flavors of Jello.
- Make it spicy but swapping the coarse salt rim with tajin.
How to Make Watermelon Margarita Jello Shots
Bring 1 cup of water to a boil. Stir in the watermelon jello until fully dissolves.
Allow jello mixture to cool slightly, then add in the tequila.
Place condiment cups on a tray or cookie sheet. Pour jello shot mixture evenly into condiment cups. Refrigerate for 2-4 hours or until jello is set.
Coat the rim of the Jell-O shots with lime juice and roll in coarse salt. Garnish with a lime slice.
- Use good quality tequila: it’s makes all the difference in the flavor of your jello shots.
- Refrigerate jello shots for at least 4 hours to make sure they set properly.
- Make sure the ratio of alcohol to jello is correct. Too much alcohol will make the jello shots hard to set and too little alcohol will make them too soft.
The amount of alcohol can vary depending on your preference and strength of alcohol you’re using. The common ratio is to equal parts of alcohol and water.
The choice of alcohol is a personal preference and depend on the flavor you desire. For margarita jello shots, I’d suggest tequila. For other jello shots, you can use rum, vodka, tequila or even flavored vodkas.
They take about 2-4 hours to set in the fridge and good for about 3-4 days after that. If making ahead, wait to salt the rim and adding the garnish until ready to serve.
More Jello Shot Recipes
- Lemon Meringue Pie Jello Shots
- Candy Corn Jello Shots
- Starburst Jello Shots
- Basic Jello Shots Recipe
- Beach Party Jello Shots
Watermelon Margarita Jello Shots
- 6 oz Watermelon Jello
- 1 cup Tequila
- 1 cup Water
- Coarse Salt
- Lime Slices
- Condiment Cups
- Bring 1 cup of water to a boil. Stir in the watermelon jello until fully dissolves. Allow jello mixture to cool slightly, then add in the tequila.
- Place condiment cups on a tray or cookie sheet. Pour jello shot mixture evenly into condiment cups. Refrigerate for 2-4 hours or until jello is set.
- Coat the rim of the Jell-O shots with lime juice and roll in coarse salt. Garnish with a lime slice.
Nutritional facts are estimates and are provided as a courtesy to the reader. Please utilize your own brand nutritional values to double check against our estimates. Nutritional values are calculated via a third party. Changing ingredients, amounts or cooking technique will alter the estimated nutritional calculations.