Whether you are hosting a party or just want to enjoy the flavor of summer in a glass, this easy-to-make Frozen Mango Margarita will have everyone asking for seconds!
With summer in full swing, what better way to beat the scorching heat than indulging in a frosty margarita? It’s like a match made in heaven—cooling and refreshing all at once!
Picture this: a delightful concoction that takes the classic frozen margarita to new heights. It combines luscious mango chunks, tequila, triple sec, and mango juice, resulting in a tantalizing blend of sweetness and tanginess—a true masterpiece.
The beauty of margaritas lies in their versatility. You can stick to the tried-and-true classic recipe or venture into spicier variations, experiment with different flavors, and choose between the velvety smoothness of the frozen version or the crispness of one on the rocks. It’s no wonder margaritas reign as the ultimate cocktail.
If you’ve never experienced the sheer delight of a frozen mango margarita, prepare yourself for an extraordinary treat. This fruity marvel in a glass strikes a flawless balance between its invigorating sweetness and zesty tang.
So grab your blender, kick back by the pool, and get ready to savor every sip of this fruity delight. Cheers!
Why You’ll Love This Frozen Mango Margarita Recipe
- Refreshing and tropical flavor: the natural sweetness and vibrant taste of mangoes complement the tanginess of lime and the slight bitterness of tequila, creating a refreshing and well-balanced drink.
- Creamy and smooth texture: the combination of blended mangos and ice creates a luscious and velvety texture that elevates the entire drinking experience.
- Easy to customize: experiment with different flavor variations by adding additional fruits, such as strawberries or pineapple and adjust the sweetness and tartness by varying the amount of juice and fruit.
- Vibrant and eye-catching presentation: the vibrant orange-yellow hue of the mango puree combined with the frosty texture creates an inviting visual appeal.
Frozen Mango Margarita Ingredients
- Frozen Mango Chunks
- Triple Sec
- Mango Juice
- Ice Cubes
- Lime Slices
- Coarse Salt
- Can swap triple sec for Cointreau Mariner.
- Can use fresh mangos in place of frozen.
- Make it spicy by adding tajin around the rim in place of salt.
- Adjust ingredients to your taste preference by adding or using less of liquor, fruits and juice.
- Make it on the rocks but add ingredients to a cocktail shaker and strain in a glass over ice.
How to Make a Frozen Mango Margarita
Add frozen mangos to a blender. Pour in mango juice, tequila & triple sec. Then, top with ice cubes and blend on frozen drink mode.
Coat the rim of a margarita glass with lime juice and roll in salt. Pour the mango margarita frozen mixture in glass and garnish with a lime slice.
Tips for the Perfect Frozen Mango Margarita
- Use good quality tequila for a smooth taste.
- Use a high-powered blender to get a smooth consistency.
- Add more ice for a thicker consistency.
Yes, you can use fresh mangos but would suggest freezing them the night before to prevent the drink from being diluted or add more ice.
Yes, you can make ahead of time and store in the freezer but keep in mind that the texture will not be as smooth as when you first blend it.
Yes, you can. This recipe makes 2 drinks but it you’d like to make more you can multiply the amount of servings to ingredients or hit the 2X or 3X on the recipe card.
Unfortunately, you cannot as you need the blender to break up the ice giving it the smooth and creamy consistency.
If it’s not sweet enough for you, add some simple syrup or agave nectar to taste, to the mixture and blend.
More Margarita Recipes
- Frozen Watermelon Margarita
- Pink Lemonade Margarita
- Blue Aloha Margarita
- Strawberry Lemonade Margarita
Frozen Mango Margarita
- 8 ounces frozen mango chunks
- 6 ounces tequila
- 3 ounces triple sec
- 6 ounces mango juice
- 3 cups ice cubes
- lime slices
- course salt
- Add frozen mangos to a blender. Pour in mango juice, tequila & triple sec. Then, top with ice cubes and blend on frozen drink mode.
- Coat the rim of a margarita glass with lime juice and roll in salt. Pour the mango margarita frozen mixture in glass and garnish with a lime slice.
Nutritional facts are estimates and are provided as a courtesy to the reader. Please utilize your own brand nutritional values to double check against our estimates. Nutritional values are calculated via a third party. Changing ingredients, amounts or cooking technique will alter the estimated nutritional calculations.