This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our disclosure policy.
This Patriotic Red White and Blue Sangria embodies American pride with its refreshing flavors and captivating colors, making it the ideal cocktail for patriotic holidays. Plus, it can be made ahead and serves a crowd effortlessly.
Independence Day has always held a special place in my heart as a favorite holiday. It encompasses everything I love about celebrating America, from cooking delicious meals outdoors to cherishing quality time with family, topped off with a breathtaking display of fireworks.
Adding to the festive spirit, indulging in some patriotic sangria is a delightful part of the experience. Whether you’re sipping it poolside, or using it as a fantastic way to conclude the night, the flavors of this drink are sure to please. To enhance the patriotic ambiance, the cute star-shaped fruit cutouts make for a charming addition.
One of the best things about this recipe is its versatility for serving a crowd. If you’re planning to have guests over, simply whip up a batch in a pitcher and pour it out for everyone to enjoy. It’s perfect for various occasions such as pool parties, Fourth of July celebrations, Labor Day gatherings, summer barbecues, and Memorial Day get-togethers.
So, raise a glass of this patriotic sangria, toast to the joys of freedom, and let the flavors of this refreshing drink make your special moments even more memorable.
Why You’ll Love This Patriotic Sangria
- Fun & festive cocktail
- Great to serve a crowd
- Perfect for wine lovers
- Easy to make with simple ingredients
- Great combination of delicious flavors
- Refreshing on a hot summer day
- Versatile and customizable
- Can be made ahead
What You Need
- Peach Schnapps
- Sparkling grape juice
- Honey crisp apples
- Lime juice or lemon juice, to toss the apples in
- Pitcher – glass or plastic, make sure it’s big enough to hold the liquids and fruit.
- Star cutter – small star shaped cookie cutters work best.
- Long handled spoon – to mix together in the pitcher.
- Knife and cutting board – used to cut and prepare the fruit.
- Wine opener – to open the wine bottle.
- Cocktail glasses – to serve the sangria.
- Try different flavors. Add different fruits or carbonated beverages such as seltzer water, white grape juice or cranberry juice.
- Want it sweeter? Add some simple syrup to the mix.
How to Make Patriotic Sangria
Remove stems from strawberries and cut in half. Cut the apples into star shapes and toss them in lime or lemon juice. Drain juice.
Add the entire bottle of Moscato, 4 oz peach schnapps, and 8 ounces sparkling grape juice to a large pitcher.
Add in the strawberries, blueberries, and apple stars.
Stir together. Let sit in fridge for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- For best results, chill all of the ingredients first.
- The longer the sangria soaks in with the fruit the better it gets. Let it set overnight in the fridge for best tasting sangria.
How to Store Sangria
Most likely you won’t have any left because it is so good but if you do you can store it in a pitcher in the fridge for up to 3 days.
The best wine for sangria is Moscato, Pinot Grigio. You don’t need to buy an expensive wine for sangria so keep it simple.
Yes, of course it can. And best to make the night before so the booze can marinate into the fruit making it more tasty. Just add all the ingredients to a pitcher and put in fridge until ready to serve.
Absolutely! Sangria is versatile and can be made with red or white wine.
Yes, you can. Just omit the alcohol and substitute add more sparkling grape juice or use a combination of fruit juices.
More 4th of July Drink Recipes
- Bomb Pop Cocktail
- Beach Bucket Cocktail
- Sweet Poison Cocktail
- Blue Aloha Margarita
- Beach Party Jello Shots
- Kenny’s Cooler
- Electric Lemonade Fish Bowl Drink
Patriotic Red White and Blue Sangria
- 1 750 ml bottle of Moscato
- 4 ounces Peach Schnapps
- 8 ounces sparkling grape juice
- 1 cup strawberries tops removed and sliced
- 1 cup blueberries
- 3 honey crisp apples sliced and cut out with a star shaped cookie cutter
- ¼ cup of lime juice or lemon juice to toss the apple pieces in
- Remove stems from strawberries and cut in half. Cut the apples into star shapes and toss them in lime or lemon juice. Drain juice.
- Add the entire bottle of Moscato, 4 oz peach schnapps, and 8 ounces sparkling grape juice to a large pitcher.
- Add in the strawberries, blueberries, and apple stars.
- Stir together.
- Let sit in fridge for at least 2 hours or overnight.
Nutritional facts are estimates and are provided as a courtesy to the reader. Please utilize your own brand nutritional values to double check against our estimates. Nutritional values are calculated via a third party. Changing ingredients, amounts or cooking technique will alter the estimated nutritional calculations.