A Sweet Poison Cocktail is the perfect drink for a night with friends! It’s refreshing, easy to make, and dangerous enough to keep things interesting!
This could be the drink of the summer with it’s refreshing sweet taste and pretty blue in color. Or it could be a spooky drink by it’s name at your Halloween party.
We say this is a sweet poison cocktail not because it is poison but because it is dangerously good. Drink with caution cause this one will sneak up on you!
When you’re looking to up the ante on your next cocktail party, why not try a sweet poison cocktail? This unique concoction is made up of sweet liquor, rums and juice making it a perfect option for those looking for something sinfully delicious.
With just a few simple ingredients and easy to follow steps, it takes no time to whip up a batch of this one of a kind drink.
History of Sweet Poison Cocktail
The sweet poison cocktail got it’s name from mixologists at a New York Jekyll and Hyde Club. They literally put the ingredients in a cocktail glass and gave it’s name.
Why You’ll Love this Cocktail
- It’s sweet but not too sweet!
- Delicious and easy to make!
- Has a pretty blue color!
- A great summer cocktail!
What You Will Need
- Coconut Rum – I used Parrot Bay but you could also use Malibu rum or your favorite coconut rum brand.
- Rum – light or gold rum works great in this recipe to keep the color light blue. You can also add dark but it will darken the color a bit.
- Blue Curacao – this is what adds the orange liqueur and blue color to the drink.
- Pineapple Juice – adds sweetness to the drink.
- Ice Cubes – any kind of ice cubes work for this drink.
- Cherries – to garnish.
- Lemon Slice – to garnish.
How to Make a Sweet Poison Cocktail
Fill a glass with ice cubes.
Pour in the coconut rum, dark rum & blue curacao.
Top the drink off with pineapple juice.
Garnish with cherries & lemon slices.
More Delicious Cocktails to Try
Sweet Poison Cocktail
- 4 Ounces Coconut Rum
- 2 Ounces Rum
- 2 Ounces Blue Curacao
- 4 Ounces Pineapple Juice
- Ice Cubes
- Cherries Garnish
- Lemon Slice Garnish
- Fill a glass with ice cubes.
- Pour in the coconut rum, dark rum & blue curacao.
- Top the drink off with pineapple juice.
- Garnish with cherries & lemon slices.
Nutritional facts are estimates and are provided as a courtesy to the reader. Please utilize your own brand nutritional values to double check against our estimates. Nutritional values are calculated via a third party. Changing ingredients, amounts or cooking technique will alter the estimated nutritional calculations.