These Ghost Jello Shots, made with green apple gelatin, are adorable and delicious, perfect for Halloween parties, and can be prepared with or without alcohol to cater to both adults and kids.
I’m obsessed with these ghost jello shots! They’re just so cute, wiggly, and perfect for any Halloween party. The best part is that you can customize them with any color and flavor you like. For me, green jello shots felt particularly fitting for a Halloween theme, and they even remind me of the mischievous ghost Slimer from Ghostbusters.
The great thing about these ghost jello shots is that they’re incredibly easy to make, making them perfect for beginners and experts alike. All you need is some gelatin mix, your favorite spirits like vodka or rum, and a ghost-shaped silicone mold.
With these ghost-shaped jello shots, you’ll have both a visual treat and an explosion of delightful flavors in your mouth.
The fruity goodness combined with a hint of alcohol creates an irresistible and enjoyable taste that’s sure to be a hit at any Halloween gathering.
Get ready to impress your guests and have a hauntingly good time with these eerie little treats!
Why You’ll Love These Halloween Jello Shots
- Spooky and Delicious!
- Easy to make with just a few ingredients!
- Endless customization options!
- Perfect for Halloween parties!
Ghost Jello Shots Ingredients
- Green apple gelatin: I used Sonic brand
- Boiling water
- Vodka: or cold water if making them non-alcoholic
- Ghost mold: this is the ghost silicone mold I used
- Black food coloring: optional
- Non-stick spray
- Create a layered effect by preparing one flavor at a time and allowing to set in mold before adding the next layer.
- Make them glow in the dark by replacing regular water with tonic water. The tonic water reacts under a UV light, creating an eerie glow.
- Change up the colors and taste with different flavors of jello mix.
- Use unflavored gelatin and sweetened condensed milk to create a ghostly white appearance.
How to Make Ghost Jello Shots
Set your ghost silicone mold on a tray or baking dish and set aside.
Using a large measuring cup or mixing bowl with a spout add one cup of boiling water and jello mix. Whisk until jello is fully dissolved.
Pour in 1/2 cup of vodka (or cold water if making non-alcoholic) and whisk together.
Lightly spray the molds with non-stick spray.
Pour the mixture into the molds and place them in the fridge for at least 4 hours or until they are set.
When ready to serve, gently pull the sides away from the bottom and flip the mold while you gently squeeze the back of the mold until they pop out.
Using a tiny paint brush and black food coloring, paint on the eyes and mouths.
- Chill thoroughly allowing enough time for the jello to set.
- Offer non-alcoholic options (maybe in a different color) for those that don’t drink and if kids are at the party.
- Grease the molds with cooking spray to make it easier for them to pop out.
There are so many fun and creative ways to serve these ghostly jello shots at your Halloween party. Here are some few ideas to get you started:
- Serve on regular or Halloween platter. Add some dry ice around the base to help keep cold and create an eerie smoke effect.
- Make a graveyard display using crushed Oreo’s for dirt on the base of the platter and then place the ghost jello shots on top.
- Add some fun Halloween sprinkles around the platter of jello shots.
That will depend on the size you make the jello shots but typically a 3 oz. box of jello makes about 8 -12 servings.
Typically it takes about 4 hours to fully set and become firm enough to hold its shape.
Yes, they do go bad if left out for long periods of time or in warmer temperatures. Try to leave out for about 30-45 minutes. When done serving, place leftovers in the fridge for up to 7 days.
That will depend on your personal preference but the most popular choices are vodka, rum and tequila.
Absolutely! You can make these a day or two in advance. Keep them in the mold until ready to serve.
More Halloween Jello Shots Recipes
- Candy Corn Jello Shots
- Glow in the Dark Eyeball Jello Shots
- Witches Brew Jello Shots
- Scream Jello Shots
- Slimer Jello Shots
Ghost Jello Shots
- 3.94 ounce box green apple gelatin I used Sonic brand
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup vodka or cold water
- Ghost mold
- Black food coloring optional
- Non-stick spray
- Set your ghost silicone mold on a tray or baking dish and set aside.
- Using a large measuring cup or mixing bowl with a spout add one cup of boiling water and jello mix. Whisk until jello is fully dissolved.
- Pour in 1/2 cup of vodka (or cold water if making non-alcoholic) and whisk together.
- Lightly spray the molds with non-stick spray.
- Pour the mixture into the molds and place them in the fridge for at least 4 hours or until they are set.
- When ready to serve, gently pull the sides away from the bottom and flip the mold while you gently squeeze the back of the mold until they pop out.
- Using a tiny paint brush and black food coloring, paint on the eyes and mouths.
Nutritional facts are estimates and are provided as a courtesy to the reader. Please utilize your own brand nutritional values to double check against our estimates. Nutritional values are calculated via a third party. Changing ingredients, amounts or cooking technique will alter the estimated nutritional calculations.