This Puking Pumpkin Pasta Salad is the perfect dish to serve at your Halloween party. Not only is it delicious and easy to make, but it also adds a fun and spooky element to your table.
This vomiting pumpkin serves as the ideal centerpiece for your Halloween gathering! It’s the ultimate combination of eerie and delicious!
Watch your guests reactions as they encounter a pumpkin spewing out pasta. It’s sure to make them jump and laugh.
Despite its unsettling appearance, the pasta salad is a delicious side dish, crafted from pasta shells in Halloween-themed shapes.
Transforming your jack-o’-lantern into a puking pumpkin face is a breeze with some straightforward carving methods.
So, gather your ingredients and let’s begin!
Why You’ll Love This Halloween Puking Pumpkin
- Easy to prepare!
- Kid-friendly fun!
- Customizable ingredients!
- Stomach-turning presentation!
- Can serve a crowd!
- Great for Halloween parties!
Halloween Pasta Salad Ingredients
- Pie Pumpkin: Wash and dry before serving pasta salad in.
- Cheddar Cheese: Can use other kinds of cheese such as pepper jack, colby, etc. if you’d like.
- Pepperoni: Can also use turkey pepperoni.
- Italian Dressing: Can also drizzle olive oil over top or use your favorite dressing.
- Halloween Pasta: I found mine at Aldi but other stores may carry it too.
How to Make a Puking Pumpkin
To create the pumpkin puking face, start by carving out the eyes and mouth into the shapes you want. Make sure the mouth is big enough for the pasta to come out of.
Scoop out the insides but save the pumpkin seeds for later to roast.
Prepare the Halloween pasta per directions on the package. Drain and rinse in cold water.
Chop the cheese into cubes and cut the pepperoni into fours.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the pasta, pepperoni, cheese and Italian dressing.
Place the carved pumpkin on a platter.
Start by filling the platter with the Italian pasta salad and some inside hanging out the mouth to make it look like it’s puking.
Serve cold and enjoy!
Helpful Tips and Variations
- Choose the right pumpkin: Pie pumpkins are the best to carve your puking masterpiece.
- Switch up the dish: While this recipe is for pasta salad, you can switch it up with guacamole dip or salsa and chips or another variation.
- Get creative with fillings: Add meats such as diced ham, salami or veggies such as bell peppers, cucumbers or tomatoes.
Absolutely! Feel free to use any kind of pasta you’d like such as penne, fusilli, rotini, or even macaroni for this recipe.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Of course! You can add meats, veggies and a variety of cheeses if you’d like.
Yes, you can make the Italian pasta salad the night before and store in the fridge until ready to serve. You can also carve the pumpkin the night before too and save on time.
Puking Pumpkin Pasta Salad
- 1 Pie Pumpkin
- 8 oz Cheddar Cheese
- 6 oz Pepperoni
- 12 oz Italian Dressing
- 17 oz Halloween Pasta
- To create the pumpkin puking face, start by carving out the eyes and mouth into the shapes you want. Make sure the mouth is big enough for the pasta to come out of.
- Scoop out the insides but save the pumpkin seeds for later to roast.
- Prepare the Halloween pasta per directions on the package. Drain and rinse in cold water.
- Chop the cheese into cubes and cut the pepperoni into fours.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the pasta, pepperoni, cheese and Italian dressing.
- Place the carved pumpkin on a platter.
- Start by filling the platter with the Italian pasta salad and some inside hanging out the mouth to make it look like it’s puking.
- Serve cold and enjoy!
Nutritional facts are estimates and are provided as a courtesy to the reader. Please utilize your own brand nutritional values to double check against our estimates. Nutritional values are calculated via a third party. Changing ingredients, amounts or cooking technique will alter the estimated nutritional calculations.