It’s baking season and this homemade turtle candies recipe has my name written all over it. Just a few ingredients you have the tastiest treat that can be brought to holiday parties or served at home. And the best part about this recipe is that there is no baking involved. Enjoy!
If you can’t find the Hershey’s caramel apple filled candy in stores, you can find it here.
Homemade Turtle Candies Recipe
Yields: 1 dozen
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 18-20 Kraft caramels – unwrapped
- 12 Hershey’s caramel apple filled chocolates
- Sea salt, to garnish
- Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Make 12 piles of 5-6 pecan halves on the lined cookie sheet.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the caramels in 30 second increments until completely melted and smooth.
- Add about 1 Tablespoon of the melted caramel on top of each pile of pecans. Be sure to cover every pecan piece so they will
- While the caramel is still warm, place a Hershey’s caramel filled apple candy on top. Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Allow to cool and “firm up” for 1 hour before serving.
*Store in an airtight container for up to 1 month or in the freezer for up to 3 months.