One of my favorite candies this time of year is the Andes mint chocolate. The rich taste with a hint of mint hits the spot. Now add the Andes mint chocolates into a toffee bar with some peppermint and you got Andes Toffee Bars. If you thought Andes mint chocolates were addictive, I’m giving you fair warning that these are as well.
If you like more of a chocolate taste rather than the traditional sweet and salty toffee bars made with nuts than this recipe is a great one to make. I like to bring some to the holiday party and making extra to give to friends and families during the holiday season.
Andes Toffee Bars
- 1 1⁄2 sleeves of chocolate graham crackers
- 1 cup of butter, cubed
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups of chocolate chips
- 1 package of Andes chocolates (1⁄4 of package roughly chopped)
- 6 peppermints, crushed
- snowflake sprinkles
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Lay a single layer of graham crackers out on onto the prepared baking
sheet, feel free to cut crackers in half to fit into tight corners.
- In a medium saucepan, combine butter, sugar, vanilla and salt.
- Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, until butter has melted and mixture is light
brown in color, about 10-15 minutes.
- Immediately spread the hot mixture evenly over the graham crackers.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips and 1⁄2 of the package of Andes. Let sit for 1-2
- After 1-2 minutes, spread the chocolate in an even layer until smooth.
- Sprinkle with remaining chopped Andes and peppermints.
- Let cool about an hour. Break into pieces and serve.
If you’re looking for some more holiday party recipes or gifts to give to friends and family, check these recipes out.