Taco Hashbrown Casserole is an easy and delicious dish that combines the flavors of tacos with crispy hashbrowns. It’s perfect for a weeknight dinner or for a potluck gathering.
Making taco hashbrown casserole in the crock pot is the ultimate solution for busy nights. It’s easy to prepare, versatile, and guaranteed to satisfy even the pickiest eaters.
Customize it to your family’s liking with different ingredients. And don’t forget about the toppings! Sour cream dollops add a cool creaminess while freshly chopped cilantro adds brightness and freshness. Or if you’re feeling adventurous add some sliced jalapenos for an extra kick.
Next time you’re in a time crunch, give this recipe a try and enjoy a flavor-packed fiesta right at home!
Taco Hash Brown Casserole Ingredients
- Lean ground beef
- Shredded cheese
- Nacho cheese sauce or cheddar soup
- Taco seasoning
- Frozen shredded hash browns
- Diced tomatoes with green chilies
- Minced garlic
- Sour cream
- Add another can of cheese soup to make it creamier.
- Swap ground beef for ground chicken or ground turkey.
- Use your favorite shredded cheese or mix it up with a variety of cheeses.
- Add veggies such as onions, bell peppers, etc.
How to Make Taco Hashbrown Casserole
In a skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef with the diced onion and minced garlic until cooked through. Drain any excess fat.
Add frozen hashbrowns to crock pot. Transfer the cooked ground beef mixture and pour over top of hashbrowns.
Sprinkle taco seasoning over top. Then, add tomatoes, nacho cheese, sour cream. Top with shredded cheese.
Cook on low for 4-6 hours or on high for 2-3 hours until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Serve hot with optional toppings such as sour cream, chopped cilantro, and sliced jalapenos.
How to Store
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat in microwave to desired temperature.
Taco Hashbrown Casserole Toppings
Adding toppings can take this dish to a whole new level. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Fresh Avocado
- Diced Tomatoes
- Shredded Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Sliced Jalapenos
- Chopped Cilantro
- Green Onions
Absolutely! You can also bake this taco hashbrown casserole in the oven at 375°F for about 35-40 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Yes, you certainly can! Allow to cool completely and transfer to an airtight container or freezer-friendly bag. Freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw out in fridge overnight and heat to desired temperature in microwave.
More Crockpot Recipes
Crockpot Taco Hashbrown Casserole
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- 1 can nacho cheese sauce or cheddar soup
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 bag frozen shredded hash browns
- 1 can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 large onion diced
- Sour cream optional for topping
- In a skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef with the diced onion and minced garlic until cooked through. Drain any excess fat.
- Add frozen hashbrowns to crock pot. Transfer the cooked ground beef mixture and pour over top of hashbrowns.
- Sprinkle taco seasoning over top. Then, add tomatoes, nacho cheese, sour cream. Top with shredded cheese.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours or on high for 2-3 hours until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve hot with optional toppings such as sour cream, chopped cilantro, and sliced jalapenos.
Nutritional facts are estimates and are provided as a courtesy to the reader. Please utilize your own brand nutritional values to double check against our estimates. Nutritional values are calculated via a third party. Changing ingredients, amounts or cooking technique will alter the estimated nutritional calculations.