Baked Chicken Drumsticks and Vegetables is a simple and delicious one-pan meal that is perfect for busy weeknights. This recipe is versatile and can be customized with any vegetables or seasoning you prefer.
One way to get dinner on the table faster is by placing it all on a sheet pan and roasting it together. Sheet pan dinners are my go to for busy nights as you can easily customize them with your favorite protein and vegetables, like in this recipe for Roasted Chicken Drumsticks and Vegetables.
And clean up is a breeze because everything is cooked on the same pan, making it a perfect option for busy weeknights. Plus, this recipe is easily customizable to fit your family’s preferences and dietary needs. So let’s get started!
Why You’ll Love This Chicken Drumstick Dinner
- Quick and easy preparation!
- Versatile ingredients!
- Healthy and nutritious!
- Flavorful seasonings!
- Time saving meal!
- Family friendly dinner!
- Chicken drumsticks
- Olive oil
- Black pepper
- Garlic powder
- Italian seasoning
- Assorted vegetables (potatoes, carrots, broccoli, etc.)
- Play around with different spices and seasonings.
- Skip the potatoes for a low carb option.
- Marinade your chicken instead of using dry spices.
- Add red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper for some kick.
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice over top for a citrus flavor.
How to Make Baked Chicken and Vegetables
Preheat the oven to 400°F.
Place the chicken drumsticks on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or foil.
Chop the vegetables into bite-sized pieces and throughout baking sheet.
Add seasonings to a bowl and mix together. Pour olive oil over top chicken and veggies. Then, sprinkle seasonings over top.
Bake for about 35-40 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender.
- Adjust cooking time and temperature depending on how crispy you like your chicken and how tender you want your vegetables.
- Lay everything in a single layer to make sure it bakes evenly.
- Use a meat thermometer to check internal temperature of chicken without touching the bone and cook until chicken reaches 165 degrees F.
- Cut vegetables at the same size so they cook evenly.
How to Store
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. Reheat in microwave to desired temperature.
Yes, of course. You can use boneless chicken or chicken thighs instead of drumsticks for this recipe. Just make sure the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
Definitely! You could add some oil and the seasonings in a ziploc bag with the chicken or use your favorite marinade. Allow to marinate for at least 30 minutes or overnight in the fridge.
More Chicken Recipes
- Chicken and Dumplings
- Chicken Spaghetti
- No Peek Chicken
- Buffalo Chicken Chili
- Cranberry Catalina Chicken
Baked Chicken Drumsticks and Vegetables
- 8-10 chicken drumsticks
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- Assorted vegetables potatoes, carrots, broccoli, etc.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Place the chicken drumsticks on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or foil.
- Chop the vegetables into bite-sized pieces and throughout baking sheet.
- Add seasonings to a bowl and mix together. Pour olive oil over top chicken and veggies. Then, sprinkle seasonings over top.
- Bake for about 35-40 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender.
Nutritional facts are estimates and are provided as a courtesy to the reader. Please utilize your own brand nutritional values to double check against our estimates. Nutritional values are calculated via a third party. Changing ingredients, amounts or cooking technique will alter the estimated nutritional calculations.