Easy Cranberry Catalina Chicken is a simple, family-friendly dish that tastes delicious year-round. Learn how easy it is to make with our recipe.
Catalina Chicken is a sweet and savory tender and juicy chicken that takes minutes to prep and toss in the oven. Boneless chicken breasts that are seasoned with Catalina dressing, onion soup mix, cranberry sauce, and seasonings.
What does Catalina chicken taste like?
Catalina chicken is a delicious chicken recipe that is sweet, tangy and savory. This chicken is great served over a bed of rice, potatoes, or even pair with a green salad.
- Boneless Chicken – You will want to use a boneless chicken. You can use chicken thighs, tenders, or chicken breasts. I recommend removing the skin as it will not be crispy since it is baked.
- Catalina Dressing – This dressing is sweet and tangy. It reminds me of a Dorthey Lynch dressing.
- Onion Soup Mix – You will use a packet of onion soup mix. This is going to give you a savory twist to the chicken.
- Whole Cranberry Sauce – Buy a can of cranberry sauce, and use it for part of the sauce. The cranberries really elevate the flavor of the dish.
- Seasonings – Garlic salt, pepper, and salt are all I used for this dish.
How to Make Baked Catalina Chicken
Step One: Start by placing your chicken in a baking dish.
Step Two: Next you will season the chicken with salt, pepper, and garlic salt.
Step Three: In a bowl you are going to add your dressing, cranberry, and onion soup mix. Mix well and then pour it over the chicken.
Step Four: Bake as directed, until the chicken is fully baked through.
Helpful Tips and Variations To Recipe
- Use similar sized pieces of chicken. You can pound out the chicken to flatten it a bit, to thin up the chicken.
- When using a meat thermometer place in the largest piece of the chicken and make sure it reads 165 degrees F.
- Allow chicken to rest 5 minutes once it is finished. This will help lock in moisture to the chicken and prevent it from being dry.
- Season your chicken with other spices if you would like.
- Instead of the whole cranberry, you can use a peach preserves for a twist in flavor.
- Top the chicken with green onions once it is done.
- Serve your chicken over a bed of rice, cauliflower rice, quinoa, or even pasta.
Refrigerate – You can store your chicken in the fridge in an airtight container for 2-3 days. Then just reheat the leftover chicken in the microwave or cover with foil and bake until warmed through.
Freezer – Place your chicken in the freezer and place in a freezer container. The chicken can freeze for 3-4 months. When you want to eat it, thaw in the fridge overnight. Then reheat as you would like.
Easy Cranberry Catalina Chicken
- Boneless chicken breasts
- 8 ounces Catalina dressing
- 1 packet onion soup mix
- 1 can of whole cranberry sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic salt
- Salt and pepper
- Step One: Start by preheating oven to 350 degrees. Place your chicken in a prepared baking dish.
- Step Two: Next season the chicken with salt, pepper, and garlic salt.
- Step Three: In a bowl add your dressing, cranberry, and onion soup mix. Mix well and then pour it over the chicken.
- Step Four: Bake for about 1 hour uncovered and until the chicken is fully baked through at 165 degrees internal temperature.
Storing LeftoversRefrigerate – You can store your chicken in the fridge in an airtight container for 2-3 days. Then just reheat the leftover chicken in the microwave or cover with foil and bake until warmed through. Freezer – Place your chicken in the freezer and place in a freezer container. The chicken can freeze for 3-4 months. When you want to eat it, thaw in the fridge overnight. Then reheat as you would like.
Nutritional facts are estimates and are provided as a courtesy to the reader. Please utilize your own brand nutritional values to double check against our estimates. Nutritional values are calculated via a third party. Changing ingredients, amounts or cooking technique will alter the estimated nutritional calculations.