The Alabama Slammer is a delicious and refreshing cocktail that is made with only four ingredients and perfect for summertime sipping.
When it comes to summer drinks, nothing beats the Alabama Slammer. It’s refreshing, colorful, and the perfect addition to any summer bash. This cocktail gets its name from its southern roots, and it sure knows how to bring that southern charm to your glass.
With a blend of Southern Comfort, Gin, Amaretto, and orange juice, this fruity concoction will hit you with a burst of flavor that’s hard to resist.
Whether you’re a die-hard Southern Comfort fan or you just want to try something tasty and vibrant, the Alabama Slammer is an absolute must-try this season.
So go ahead, grab a glass, and let the good times roll. Cheers!
What is an Alabama Slammer?
The Alabama Slammer, known for its fruity and sweet taste, has an interesting history that might surprise you. Originating in the 1970s at the University of Alabama, it started off as a shot, aptly named the “Alabama Slammer shot” – a tradition where you’d take the shot and slam it down.
Over the years, this drink has evolved into a full-fledged cocktail, acquiring various names like the “Southern Slammer,” “Crimson Tide Slammer,” “Sweet Home Alabama Slammer,” and “Yellow Hammer Slammer.”
But regardless of the name you choose, one thing remains certain – it’s the perfect summertime beverage that promises to quench your thirst and delight your taste buds with its blend of flavors.
Why You’ll Love This Alabama Slammer Cocktail
- Refreshing, summer cocktail that’s perfect for sipping on a hot sunny day.
- Easy to make with just a few ingredients.
- A great party drink that will be a hit with your guests!
- Sloe Gin
- Southern Comfort
- Orange Juice
- Orange Slice, for garnish
- Cherry, for garnish
- For extra potent punch using a higher proof Southern Comfort.
- Swap Southern Comfort with vodka or bourbon.
- Use cherry brandy in place of Amaretto.
- Use cranberry juice instead of orange juice.
How to Make an Alabama Slammer
Fill a cocktail shaker with ice cubes. Pour in the gin, southern comfort, amaretto and orange juice. Shake well for 30 seconds to combine or until well chilled.
Strain into a glass. Garnish with an orange slice and cherry. Cheers!
- Freshly squeezed orange juice will enhance the flavor more if you have time to do it.
- Drink responsible as this cocktail will sneak up on you.
- Serve cocktail cold. Add plenty of ice or serve in a chilled glass.
Yes, you can. Mix all the ingredients together and store in the fridge. When ready to serve, give it a quick shake in a cocktail shaker with some ice and strain in a glass.
Yes, you can. Just multiply the ingredients by the amount of servings. Mix in a cocktail shaker in batches and strain into a pitcher for all to enjoy.
More Summer Cocktails
- Hawaiian Punch Cocktail
- Bikini Martini
- Red Wine Ice Cream Float
- Lemonade Vodka Slush
- Island Fishbowl Drink
- ½ oz Sloe Gin
- ½ oz Southern Comfort
- ½ oz Amaretto
- ½ oz Orange Juice
- Orange Slice (garnish)
- Cherry (garnish)
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice cubes. Pour in the gin, southern comfort, amaretto and orange juice. Shake well for 30 seconds to combine or until well chilled.
- Strain into a glass. Garnish with an orange slice and cherry. Cheers!
Nutritional facts are estimates and are provided as a courtesy to the reader. Please utilize your own brand nutritional values to double check against our estimates. Nutritional values are calculated via a third party. Changing ingredients, amounts or cooking technique will alter the estimated nutritional calculations.