Attention all pickle lovers! If you’re a fan of both pickles and tequila, this shot that’s taking TikTok by storm is a must-try. It combines the tangy taste of pickle juice with the smoothness of tequila for a unique and delicious flavor.
As someone who loves pickles myself, from making my own Bread and Butter Pickles to Ranch Pickles, I can’t get enough of them. I even enjoy drinking the leftover pickle juice when the last pickle is gone from the jar.
And while you may not share my passion for pickle juice, it’s worth noting that it has some surprising benefits, including keeping you hydrated, preventing hangovers, and relieving muscle cramps – perfect after a night of dancing.
It’s important to note that this pickle-tequila shot is not the same as a pickleback shot, which involves taking a shot of Irish Whiskey, usually Jameson, and then chasing it with a shot of pickle juice. So, give this new trend a try and see what all the fuss is about!
What You Need
- Pickle Juice: Dill pickle juice is best for this recipe.
- Tequila: Use you favorite brand of tequila.
- Tajin Seasoning: Used to garnish the rim of the shot glass.
- Pickle Chips: Used to garnish the pickle shot.
- Shot Glasses: Can use glass one but if serving a large crowd the plastic shot glasses might be a better option.
- If you don’t have Tajin, you can use chili powder to coat the glass rims.
- Add a few drops of hot sauce to make them spicy.
- Can also use pickle brine in place of pickle juice.
How to Make Pickle Shots
Dip the rim of the shot glass in some pickle juice and roll in Tajin seasoning until coated all the way around the rim.
Fill a shot glass half way with tequila. Top off with pickle juice.
Garnish shot glass with a pickle chip. Cheers!
How to Take a Pickle Shot
Remove the pickle chip, drink the shot in one take, swipe the pickle chip across the remaining tajin seasoning and chase the shot by eating the pickle chip or with pickle spears.
Can I use a different type of alcohol?
Yes, you can swap out tequila for whiskey or vodka.
Can I chill this shot?
Yes, you can add ice, tequila and pickle juice to a cocktail shaker, shake to combine and strain into a glass. Or you can chill the pickle juice and tequila before making the shot.
Are these pickle shots spicy?
The overall pickle shot is not spicy but there is a bit of kick to them from the Tajin seasoning coated on the shot glass rim. If you are not a fan, you can omit it.
More TikTok Recipes
Love pickles and tequila? Try this popular TikTok shot that mixes tangy pickle juice with smooth tequila for a unique and delicious flavor.
- 1 part tequila
- 1 part pickle juice
- Tajin seasoning, for garnish
- Pickle chip, for garnish
- Dip the rim of the shot glass in some pickle juice and roll in Tajin seasoning until coated all the way around the rim.
- Fill a shot glass half way with tequila. Top off with pickle juice.
- Garnish shot glass with a pickle chip. Cheers!