This Baked Feta Pasta Recipe is a pasta dish to rave about! It’s creamy, full of flavor and an easy to make meal that’s done in 30 minutes!
Can we talk about how much I appreciate the side of TikTok for the recipes that go viral like this famous TikTok Baked Feta Pasta recipe. This pasta dish first went viral in Finland and now here in the US thanks to TikTok. It has become so popular that blocks of feta cheese are now sold out at Walmart and everyone else but I have a trick (see below) for you if you can’t find it in stores.
Who knew that something so easy to make is so delicious and smells amazing! We will definitely be making this recipe more often and with different variations. The whole family loved it, even my picky kids had seconds.
Feta Cheese Block Hack
What makes this recipe is the block of feta cheese, but with the shortage of feta cheese you can do this one trick that will save you time from looking for it and it will still taste good. Find an 8 oz package of feta cheese crumbles or close to that amount.
Open it up and compact the crumbles by pushing down with your fist inside the package till they are all squished together and form a block. When you’re ready to make the feta pasta flip the package over inside the pan and carefully squeeze the sides until it releases. Now you have a block of feta cheese for the recipe.
Recipe Tips & Variations
- A splash of white wine is optional but pairs nicely with the creamy feta and baked tomatoes.
- Reserve one cup of pasta water to use in case pasta sauce is too dry.
- You don’t have to use a block of feta cheese, feta crumbles work also or you can use my feta hack.
- To make the sauce creamier and thicker, add a little bit of heavy whipping cream to the mix.
- If you don’t like feta cheese you can use brie in place of it.
- Add some protein such as grilled chicken, bacon or shrimp fulfilling dinner.
- If feta cheese is overpowering for you, sprinkle some Parmesan cheese over top pasta bake.
- Add some veggies such as green beans, bell peppers or broccoli for more nutrition and flavor.
Pasta Types for Baked Feta
There are many pasta types you can use in baked feta. Some suggestions would be spaghetti, fettuccine, bowtie or rotini. If you want a healthier version, you could use healthy noodles, hearts of palm, or zucchini noodles. For this recipe we used penne pasta but really any type of pasta would work.
Feta Pasta Ingredients
8oz cooked pasta
8oz block of feta cheese or feta cheese crumbles
2 pints cherry tomatoes
3 tsp minced garlic
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup olive oil
Zest of a lemon
1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
Parmesan cheese (optional)
How to Make Baked Feta Pasta
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Add cherry tomatoes to the bottom of a 9X13 baking dish making sure to remove any stems. Drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat.
Place block of feta cheese in the middle and season with salt, pepper, garlic and zest of lemon.
Bake for 30 minutes or until tomatoes have burst or ready to burst. While the tomatoes are roasting, cook the pasta according the package. Before draining reserve one cup of pasta water in case pasta sauce is too dry.
Take the baking dish out of the oven and stir until mixed well and feta is creamy. Add the cooked pasta to the dish and mix together.
Optional: Sprinkle with shredded Parmesan cheese and put back in the oven for about 5 minutes.
Garnish with fresh basil and enjoy!
More Delicious Pasta Dishes
Baked Feta Pasta (TikTok Viral Recipe)
- 8 oz cooked pasta
- 8 oz block of feta cheese or feta cheese crumbles
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes
- 3 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Zest of a lemon
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- Parmesan cheese optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Add cherry tomatoes to the bottom of a 9X13 baking dish making sure to remove any stems. Drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat.
- Place block of feta cheese in the middle and season with salt, pepper, garlic and zest of lemon.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until tomatoes have burst or ready to burst. While the tomatoes are roasting, cook the pasta according the package. Before draining reserve one cup of pasta water in case pasta sauce is too dry.
- Take the baking dish out of the oven and stir until mixed well and feta is creamy. Add the cooked pasta to the dish and mix together.
- Optional: Sprinkle with shredded Parmesan cheese and put back in the oven for about 5 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh basil and enjoy!
Nutritional facts are estimates and are provided as a courtesy to the reader. Please utilize your own brand nutritional values to double check against our estimates. Nutritional values are calculated via a third party. Changing ingredients, amounts or cooking technique will alter the estimated nutritional calculations.