Celebrate 4th of July with a Patriotic poke cake as it is a perfect addition to the dessert table. It’s so easy to make and the flavor gelatins, whipped cream, and cake is the perfect combination to a light treat. It is a huge favorite with my family and I am sure it will be the same with yours.
- Boxed cake mix (water, oil, and egg whites
- Strawberry and Berry Blue gelatin
- Whipped cream
- Red food coloring
- Blue food coloring
- Make the cake as directed on the box.
- After cake is cooled poke holes using in rows throughout the cake using a skewer or chopstick.
- Make the gelatin as directed on the box.
- Add the red and blue gelatin to 2 separate squeeze bottles or you can use a kids medicine dispenser.
- Squirt the gelatin into the holes alternating colors by row or holes.
- Put the cake in the fridge for 4-6 hours or overnight so the gelatin can set in the cake.
- Add whipped cream to 2 separate bowls while saving some in the container for the white color.
- Add red food coloring to one bowl of whipped cream and the blue food coloring to the other bowl of whipped cream.
- Get the cake out of the fridge and begin frosting.
- Add a square of blue whipped cream in the left corner of the cake.
- Add red and white stripes of whipped cream alternating each one across the rest of the cake creating a flag design.
- Add some strawberries in the blue square for the stars.
- Cut and serve!
4th of July Recipes - Everyday ShortcutsJuly 3, 2016 at 4:43 pm
[…] Patriotic Poke Cake […]
Red, White, and Blue Roundup | Pink Ninja BloggerJuly 2, 2018 at 10:35 pm
[…] Patriotic Poke Cake courtesy of Everyday Shortcuts […]
Twizzler Sparkler Cake Recipe - Everyday ShortcutsJune 16, 2019 at 12:53 pm
[…] Category: Dessert, Holiday If you’re looking for other patriotic recipes try Patriotic Poke Cake, 4th of July Fire Crackers, and Red Patriotic Bark. Print Friendly Prev […]