Jack Skellington is one of my favorite Halloween characters from the movie Nightmare before Christmas. If you ever get a chance to visit Disneyland around Halloween time, check out The Haunted Mansion and he can be seen throughout it. These Jack Skellington Ding Dongs are an easy Halloween treat to make for classroom parties or Halloween parties. Kids and adults love them!
If you love Jack Skellington as much as we do pick up this copy of The Nightmare Before Christmas Two-Disc Collector’s Edition to enjoy around Halloween time with the family.
Jack Skellington Ding Dongs
- 1 box of white Hostess Ding Dongs
- 1 1/2 cup of powder sugar
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 tsp cream of tarter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- black gel food coloring
- 1 disposable piping bag with a number 2 tip
- Unwrap the ding dongs and place them onto a cookie sheet fitted with wax paper.
- Using a standing mixer add in the powder sugar, egg white, cream of tarter, and vanilla.
- Mix on medium speed for about 5-6 minutes and until blended.
- Once stiff peaks start to form, scoop the icing into another bowl and add in a few drops of black food coloring and mix together.
- Add in a few more drops of food coloring to get the shade of color black you want.
- Scoop the icing into the piping bag.
- Pipe on Jacks eyes and lines for his nose onto the top center of the ding-dong.
- Next pipe the line and stitching for his mouth close to the bottom of the ding-dong.
- Let sit to dry for an hour before enjoying.
You could also make cookies if you are not a fan of Ding Dongs by frosting the cookies white and piping out the face for Jack Skellington. For more Halloween treats and articles visit my Halloween section.