How cute are these Easter Sheep Cupcakes? Kids will love to make and eat them, plus they are so easy to make. All you need is 8 ingredients to whip up this fun recipe that the kids can even help with.
“PIN IT” by clicking the PIN button on the image above!
Get more RECIPES from ShortCutSaver here!
- 1 box Chocolate Cake Mix
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
- 3 Eggs
- 1 cup softened Butter
- 2 tbsp Milk
- 4 cup Powdered Sugar
- CANDY CLAY:
- 6 oz Dark Chocolate Chips or Wafers
- 2 tbsp Corn Syrup
- Melt chocolate in microwave by heating for 30 seconds then stirring and repeating process until it is melted and smooth.
- Stir in corn syrup until wel mixed. Misture will be grainy.
- Pour onto plastic wrap and allow to set for several hours (until firm).
- Break off small pieces of the candy clay mixture and knead to soften.
- Form each into a flattened cube 3/4" x 3/4" x 1/4" tall.
- To each of these we will attach ears at the top and using a toothpick we will carve in the mouth and nostril area.
- Also place candy eyes and press in place.
- Allow the heads to set for 30 minutes.
- Store remaining candy clay by sealing in zippered bag and refrigerating.
- Bake cupcakes according to box directions.
- Allow to cool.
- Cream butter and vanilla in a large bowl
- Slowly add in the powdered sugar, and milk as needed, until everything is incorporated and frosting is right consistency.
- Beat for 5 minutes to make sure it is fluffy.
- Ice cupcakes then decorate tops with sheep heads and mini marshmallow to represent wool.
Nutritional facts are estimates and are provided as a courtesy to the reader. Please utilize your own brand nutritional values to double check against our estimates. Nutritional values are calculated via a third party. Changing ingredients, amounts or cooking technique will alter the estimated nutritional calculations.