This easy-to-make Mango Salsa recipe is perfect for summer cookouts and always a hit with family and friends.
During the summertime, I find myself craving fresh fruits and veggies. There’s something incredibly satisfying about picking them straight from the garden or finding them at the local farmers market, knowing that they’ll bring out the best in my favorite dishes.
Among the wide array of fruits available, mangoes are my absolute favorite. Their sweetness and juiciness make them the perfect addition to any meal, but I particularly love them in salsa.
The sweetness of the mangoes pairs perfectly with the spiciness of the chili peppers and the tanginess from the lime juice. It’s a delicious combination that makes it hard to stop eating.
Making mango salsa is a breeze; it only takes a few minutes to dice the fruits and veggies and blend them together. It’s a guaranteed hit at social gatherings like parties and potlucks, earning rave reviews from friends and acquaintances who are always eager to get the recipe.
So if you’re looking for a delicious, easy-to-make salsa, give my mango salsa a try. I guarantee you’ll love it!
If you like this recipe, try my peach salsa! It’s the perfect mix of sweet and heat!
Why You’ll Love This Easy Mango Salsa Recipe
- Easy to make: all you need is a few simple ingredients to make.
- Refreshing and flavorful: the perfect balance of sweetness from the mangoes and heat from the jalapenos.
- Versatile: can be served as an appetizer, side dish or main dish.
Mango Salsa Ingredients
- Fresh mango
- Red onion
- Sea salt
- Cilantro leaves
- Fresh lime juice
Mango Salsa Variations
- Want more heat? Add more jalapenos.
- Make it sweet by adding strawberries or pineapple.
- Add some diced avocados for some healthy fats and a creamy twist.
- Swap mangoes for peaches or nectarines.
- Add some veggies like bell peppers or corn.
- Too sweet? Add a splash of lime juice or white vinegar to balance it out.
How to Make Fresh Mango Salsa
Prep fruits and veggies. Begin by peeling and dicing the mango into ½” cubes. Next, peel and mince the red onion. Then, dice the tomato into ½” cubes. Remove the stem from the jalapeno and finely mince it. If you’re concerned about the spiciness, you can remove some of the seeds beforehand. Wash and dry the cilantro, and finely chop only the leaves.
Prepare mango salsa. Add everything to a bowl and toss to evenly distribute. Taste and adjust salt and lime juice as needed.
Mango Salsa Recipe Tips
- For best flavor, allow to sit for at least 1 hour.
- Serve salsa chilled to keep the flavors fresh and vibrant.
- Use ripe mangoes to get the sweetest and juiciest salsa.
- Finely dice fruits and veggies so it’s easy to scoop.
- Prep ahead by cutting up the fruit and veggies ahead of time and storing in an airtight container in the fridge until ready to make.
How to Store Mango Salsa
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Serve as a dip with tortilla chips, chips or crackers.
- Use as a topping for chicken or fish.
- Add to your tacos or burritos.
- Serve over rice for a healthy side dish.
- Eat is as is!
To speed up the ripening of a mango, place it in a paper bag at room temperature. It should ripen within 2 days.
Look for mangoes that are slightly soft to the touch and give off a sweet aroma. Avoid mangoes that are too soft and bruised.
Yes, you can make mango salsa ahead of time. Just prepare per directions and store in fridge until ready to serve. Best to eat within a few days.
- 1 large fresh mango, diced
- 1 medium red onion, minced
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- ¾ tsp sea salt
- 1 medium jalapeno, minced
- ½ cup cilantro leaves, washed and chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- Prep fruits and veggies. Begin by peeling and dicing the mango into ½” cubes. Next, peel and mince the red onion. Then, dice the tomato into ½” cubes. Remove the stem from the jalapeno and finely mince it. If you’re concerned about the spiciness, you can remove some of the seeds beforehand. Wash and dry the cilantro, and finely chop only the leaves.
- Prepare mango salsa. Add everything to a bowl and toss to evenly distribute. Taste and adjust salt and lime juice as needed.
Nutritional facts are estimates and are provided as a courtesy to the reader. Please utilize your own brand nutritional values to double check against our estimates. Nutritional values are calculated via a third party. Changing ingredients, amounts or cooking technique will alter the estimated nutritional calculations.