Get in the Halloween spirit with this Hocus Pocus Hot Cocoa made with milk, sugar and chocolate chips to sip on while you watch your favorite Halloween movies!
Just in time for the colder temps, this mug of hot chocolate is great for sitting by the fire while watching FreeForm’s 31 Days of Halloween movies playing all day long. It’s my favorite time to do so and becoming a Halloween tradition.
This hot cocoa is not like your ordinary hot cocoa recipe. It has a mint flavor and green in color just like the witches potion in the Hocus Pocus movie. To get in the Halloween spirit, I like to put it in a Hocus Pocus or Halloween mug.
It’s a fun drink to make, tastes delicious and is great for a Halloween party also. If you’re looking for a drink for the adults try this Amuck Cocktail inspired by the Sanderson sisters.
Hot Cocoa Topping Variations
- Whipped Cream
- Chocolate Sauce
- Chocolate Chips
More Hot Drink Recipes
- Frozen Blue Hot Cocoa
- Olaf’s Vanilla Flavored Hot Milk
- Death by Star Wars Hot Chocolate
- Copycat Starbucks Caramel Apple Cider
Hocus Pocus Hot Cocoa Ingredients
- Whole milk – whole milk makes the hot cocoa creamier and thicker. You can use different kinds of milk if need be but they might not be as thick and creamy.
- Sugar – can substitute with stevia.
- Mint chocolate chips
- Chocolate chips
- Vanilla extract – can use mint syrup if you don’t have vanilla extract on hand.
- Mint syrup – can use mint extract if you don’t have mint syrup on hand.
- Green gel food coloring
- Whipped Cream for garnish
- Orange and Black Sprinkles for garnish
How to Make Hocus Pocus Hot Cocoa
Combine milk and sugar in a large pot. Place over medium heat until milk begins to simmer. Simmer for 4 minutes.
Stir to combine, until sugar is dissolved. Add the chocolate and mint chips and green food coloring. Stir until combined and chocolate is melted.
Remove from heat. Add the vanilla and mint syrup. Serve hot in your favorite Hocus Pocus or Halloween mug.
Hocus Pocus Hot Cocoa
- 5 cups whole milk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup Mint chocolate chips
- ½ cup Chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp mint syrup
- 2 drops green gel food coloring
- Whipped Cream for garnish
- Orange and Black sprinkles for garnish
- Combine milk and sugar in a large pot. Place over medium heat until milk begins to simmer. Simmer for 4 minutes.
- Stir to combine, until sugar is dissolved. Add the chocolate and mint chips and green food coloring. Stir until combined and chocolate is melted.
- Remove from heat. Add the vanilla and mint syrup. Serve hot in your favorite Hocus Pocus or Halloween mug.
Nutritional facts are estimates and are provided as a courtesy to the reader. Please utilize your own brand nutritional values to double check against our estimates. Nutritional values are calculated via a third party. Changing ingredients, amounts or cooking technique will alter the estimated nutritional calculations.