As part of the Good Cook Blogger Program, I am pleased to announce that one of the bloggers, Donna Currie has written a fabulous book called Make Ahead Bread: 100 Recipes for Bake-It-When-You-Want-It Yeast Breads for $17.96 on Amazon. The book shows you how to bake bread from scratch by breaking it down into 2 separate steps so you can fit it into your busy schedule.
The best part is that if you pre-order the book before 2/28, Good Cook will send you a FREE Bread Pan (one per book). After you pre-order your book, Go Here and fill out the form to get your FREE Bread Pan. And if you would like to order addtional products from Good Cook head on over to GoodCook.com and enter in the code BakeBread to get 25% off.
I made my favorite Chocolate Chip bread recipe with my Good Cook Medium Loaf Non-Stick Pan . It was a huge hit with my whole family and didn’t last long in the house. Check it out below……..
Chocolate Chip Bread
- 11/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- ? Tasty tip
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt in one bowl.
- In another bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time in the bowl with the butter and sugar.
- Then take the ingredients from the other bowl and combine them and mix well.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Grease a loaf pan and add the batter.
- Bake for about 1 hour at 350 degrees.
- Let it cool for 10 minutes.
- Take out of the pan and slice it up to eat.
Nutritional facts are estimates and are provided as a courtesy to the reader. Please utilize your own brand nutritional values to double check against our estimates. Nutritional values are calculated via a third party. Changing ingredients, amounts or cooking technique will alter the estimated nutritional calculations.