Making your own Homemade Pizza Sauce can actually save you money. Sure it’s easy to go to the store and buy a jar but making your own is cost effective, healthier, and taste better. Have you ever looked and seen how much sodium is in a jar of Pizza Sauce? Next time you are in the store check out a jar and see how much they are loaded with sodium. You can even make the Pizza Sauce ahead of time and can it for later use.
“PIN IT” by clicking the PIN button on the image above!
Get more RECIPES from ShortCutSaver here!
Homemade Pizza Sauce
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 Garlic cloves minced
- 1 28-ounce can San Marzano tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/2 tsp Dried Oregano
- In a medium saucepan heat oil on medium.
- Cook garlic in pan for several minutes.
- Add crushed tomatoes, juices, salt, and oregano to pan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes.
- Makes enough sauce for at least 4 pizzas.
Nutritional facts are estimates and are provided as a courtesy to the reader. Please utilize your own brand nutritional values to double check against our estimates. Nutritional values are calculated via a third party. Changing ingredients, amounts or cooking technique will alter the estimated nutritional calculations.