Freezer Friendly Lasagna Roll-Ups
Freezer Friendly meals are the way to go when you are busy throughout the week. I like to prepare the meals on Sunday for a few hours to have them ready for the rest of the week when I don’t have time to cook. This recipe for freezer friendly lasagna roll-ups are great to double up on and have one for dinner and freeze another pan for later.
It takes a little bit of time to cook the noodles and prepare the filling but overall worth it. Even the kids can join in and help prepare the filling.
Get more RECIPES from ShortCutSaver here!
- 15 oz. part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 8 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 eggs
- 24 oz. jar of pasta sauce
- 12 lasagna noodles
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 tbsp. dried parsley flakes (optional)
1. Cook and drain the noodles according to the box.
2. While the noodles are cooking prepare the filling by combining ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese (use half), eggs, salt, and pepper in a bowl and mix together.
3. When the noodles are cooked and drained put them on wax paper in rows. To prevent the noodles from sticking be sure to arrange them quickly.
4. Spread 1/2 cup of pasta sauce on the bottom of the baking pan. (I use the disposable dollar store aluminum pans so they can be thrown out afterwards)
5. Spread about 1/4 cup of the cheese spread and a tablespoon of pasta sauce onto each noodle and roll it up.
6. Lay each rolled up noodle in the pan layering on top of each other.
7. Add the remaining pasta sauce and mozzarella cheese on top of the noodles.
8. Cover the pan with foil and freeze up to 3 months.
1. Allow the pan to thaw out for 24 hours.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3. Cover with foil and cook for 1-2 hours depending on thawing time.
4. Remove foil and bake for another 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
5. Let it cool for 5 minutes and serve.