Impress your guests with this delicious and unique cheese ball shaped like a football! It’s easy to make and decorate for your game day celebration!
When it comes to football season, there’s nothing quite like gathering around with friends, family and fellow fans to enjoy some good food and great company.
And what could make a better party snack than a delicious cheese ball shaped like a football?
This recipe for a football shaped cheese ball is the perfect way to show your team spirit and get everyone in the party mood.
Made with just a few simple ingredients, this cheesy appetizer is sure to be a hit with everyone.
So whether you’re rooting for the home team or just looking for a fun way to celebrate football season, give this recipe a try.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It’s the perfect snack for football season!
- It’s easy to make and only requires a few ingredients.
- It’s packed with delicious flavors that everyone will love!
What You Need
- Cream cheese
- Dry ranch seasoning
- Green onion
- Real bacon crumbles
- Shredded Mexican cheese
- String cheese
- Pecans, bacon crumbles or pepperoni to coat cheese ball
- If you’re not a fan of pecans, you can use chopped almonds, walnuts, or even sunflower seeds instead. Or without nuts using bacon or pepperoni.
- If you want to add a little heat, you can add some chopped jalapeño or cayenne pepper.
- If you want a different flavor, add herbs such as chopped basil, parsley, dill or thyme.
- Swap cheddar cheese for another kind of cheese such as sharp cheddar or Colby Jack cheese.
How to Make a Football Shaped Cheese Ball
In a large bowl, mix together the cheddar cheese, cream cheese, green onions and bacon.
Form the cheese mixture into a ball on a piece of plastic wrap, cover and place in fridge for 2 hours.
Place the cheese ball on a piece of parchment paper or on the charcuterie board and shape into a football shape.
Choose chopped pecans, bacon crumbles, pepperoni or a mixture of the three and gently press onto the cheese ball and sides until coated.
Cut a string cheese to make the laces and place on top.
Serve with crackers, pretzels or sliced vegetables for dipping.
Tips to Make the Perfect Cheese Ball
- Make sure your cream cheese is at room temperature before mixing it with the other ingredients. This will make it easier to mix and will ensure a smooth texture.
- If you want to make the cheese ball in advance, you can prepare it up to 2 days before the game. Keep it covered and refrigerated until ready to serve.
How long does the cheese ball last?
The cheese ball will last for up to 5 days if kept in the refrigerator.
Can I make this cheese ball vegetarian?
Yes, you can leave out the bacon or use a vegetarian alternative.
Can I make this cheese ball gluten-free?
Yes, you can use gluten-free crackers or sliced vegetables for dipping instead of regular crackers.
Football Shaped Cheese Ball
- 16 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 packet dry ranch seasoning
- 1/4 cup green onion diced
- 1 cup real bacon crumbles
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese
- In a large bowl, mix together the cheddar cheese, cream cheese, green onions and bacon.
- Form the cheese mixture into a ball on a piece of plastic wrap, cover and place in fridge for 2 hours.
- Place the cheese ball on a piece of parchment paper or on the charcuterie board and shape into a football shape.
- Choose chopped pecans, bacon crumbles, pepperoni or a mixture of the three and gently press onto the cheese ball and sides until coated.
- Cut a string cheese to make the laces and place on top.
- Serve with crackers, pretzels or sliced vegetables for dipping.
Nutritional facts are estimates and are provided as a courtesy to the reader. Please utilize your own brand nutritional values to double check against our estimates. Nutritional values are calculated via a third party. Changing ingredients, amounts or cooking technique will alter the estimated nutritional calculations.