Are you game day ready? You have to check out these Game Day Grilled Burger Sliders that are perfect for snacking on as you root on your favorite team. Seasoned burgers paired with shredded Monterey Jack cheese.
What I love about these sliders is they are so simple to throw together and your friends and family will devour them.
Whether you are looking for finger foods for snacking or want some hearty options paired with appetizers. These sliders are a great source of protein and will curb those hungry stomachs.
What makes a burger a slider?
Sliders are a seasoned hamburger that is then cooked into smaller portions. You will find that little burgers, even lunch meat based sandwiches are referred to as sliders. A simple and easy way to change up your weeknight burgers, or snacking for parties and events.
What size are burger sliders?
Sliders are around 2 inches in size. Depending on the brand of slider buns you will find that you want to make your patties to fit the size of the buns you are going to be using.
This Game Day Slider Recipe Is..
- Simple Ingredients
- Quick Prep
- Game Day Approved
- Kid Friendly
- Budget Friendly
- Ground Beef – You can use any percentage of ground beef you want. I tend to use 85-15%.
- Monterey Jack Cheese – Feel free to swap this cheese out with any of your favorite varieties.
- Hamburger Seasoning – your favorite brand of hamburger seasoning or any kind of seasoning.
- Slider Buns – any brand will work.
- Sliced Cheese – You can use a classic American cheese or sliced cheddar cheese, Swiss, etc.
How to Make Burger Sliders
Full steps of now to make this burger sliders are in the printable recipe card below. This is a quick walk through.
Step One: Start by adding your ground beef into a bowl. Add in your grated cheese and hamburger seasoning.
Step Two: Mix and then shape into slider patties.
Step Three: Cook and place on toasted slider buns. Add on your favorite toppings and condiments.
Step Four: Garnish sliders with game day picks and serve.
Tips For Making The Best Sliders
- Make sure to mix the ingredients fully, so all the seasoning and cheese are well mixed in with the ground beef.
- Don’t make your patties too packed. Be light when you are mixing with your hands, as it will allow you to have a juicy and light texture. If you pack your burger patties it will be dense and heavy.
- Press your finger in the center of the patty, so as it cooks it will prevent the patty from shrinking up as much.
- Flavor your sliders the way you prefer. Even if it is a simple salt and pepper, or seasoning salt. You don’t have to use hamburger seasoning.
Game Day Grilled Burger Sliders
- 2 lbs Ground Beef
- Block of Monterey Jack Cheese
- Hamburger Seasoning
- Slider Buns
- Sliced Cheese
- Step One: Start by adding your ground beef into a bowl. Season ground beef with hamburger seasoning and grate cheese over top.
- Step Two: Mix it all together using your hands and then shape into slider patties.
- Step Three: Cook sliders on grill to your liking. Toast the inside of the buns slightly. Place cooked patties on slider buns. Add on your favorite toppings and condiments.
- Step Four: Garnish sliders with game day picks and serve.
Nutritional facts are estimates and are provided as a courtesy to the reader. Please utilize your own brand nutritional values to double check against our estimates. Nutritional values are calculated via a third party. Changing ingredients, amounts or cooking technique will alter the estimated nutritional calculations.