Make some DIY Halloween Tree Branches with some simple supplies to create a spooky Halloween tree in your home. It makes a great centerpiece for your table or mantel, and is perfect for adding a touch of Halloween decor to any room.
If you’re looking for some Halloween decor on a budget make these black painted Halloween tree branches. By using branches from your yard, and a few supplies you may have on hand, you can create a unique and spooky decoration that is perfect for the season.
I love the way it sets the vibe for Halloween with its dark and eerie look. Plus, it’s a great way to repurpose vases and containers you may already have in your home and give them new life.
If you don’t have a vase at home, check the thrift stores. I found this one and it was perfect for all occasions. I just swap out the branches for some greenery for Christmas and etc.
- Branches from Outside
- Black Spray Paint
- Floral Foam
- Accessories such as bats (I stuck these bats to mine), spiders or cobwebs (optional)
How to Make Spooky Halloween Branches
Make sure the branches are dried out before painting.
Lay newspaper or cardboard down and spray paint the black black and let dry.
When the branches are dry, place the green floral foam piece in the bottom of the vase or container. Place the branches in the floral foam and arrange them to your liking.
Add accessories to the branches such as spiders, bats or cobwebs if you’d like.
Place on a table or mantle as the centerpiece and other Halloween decorations if you’d like.
Other Ways to Use Black Painted Halloween Branches
- Arrange branches in a large pot and use in a haunted yard cemetery.
- Place individual painted branches in a Halloween wreath.
- Use as arms for a creepy scarecrow decoration for your yard.
- Make a tree limb arch as an entrance to your Halloween cemetery or porch.
- Hanging decoration from the ceiling using fishing line and attach ghosts, bats or other Halloween decorations for a spooky display.