Make these elegant Meat Roses for your Charcuterie Boards filled with delicious, sweet, salty and savory treats for all to enjoy!
The popularity of Charcuterie boards has been growing over the past year. More and more people are making them for just about any occasion like Mother’s Day, Valentine’s Day or holidays. A new growing trend (thanks to TikTok) is making meat roses or charcuteroses for charcuterie boards. They are unbelievably simple to make and look so darn adorable on a board of crackers, meat, cheese, fruit and more.
Which Meat Should I Use to Make Meat Roses?
Deli meats preferably thicker cuts works best for this tutorial. I like to use salami or pepperoni as they tend to stay together better and look beautiful on the grazing board. You can also use sandwich meat such as ham or turkey if you’d like but I would suggest getting them sliced thicker so they are easy to work with.
What do I Need to Make Charcuteroses?
To make these elegant meat roses you only need 2 things; meat and a glass. The size of the rose will depend on the size of the glass that you use. A wine glass is pretty popular to use when making but feel free to experiment with different sizes.
If you use a wider mouth glass you will have a larger rose and if you use something smaller like a shot glass you will have a smaller rose. For my charcuterie board I used a larger mouth wine glass for my centerpiece rose and then made 2 smaller ones with a shot glass.
What Should I Put on a Charcuterie Board?
With a charcuterie board you really can get creative and put just about anything on it that you want. Since it is a grazing board for everyone to enjoy finger foods are best where others can grab what they want. Some ideas that I like to use are listed below but feel free to make it your own.
- Meats: salami, pepperoni, turkey, ham, prosciutto, deli meats, cured meats.
- Fruits: grapes, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, dates, cherries, blackberries.
- Nuts: cashews, peanuts, pistachios, almonds, pecans.
- Crackers: triscuits, wheat thins, ritz, multi-grain, rosemary crackers.
- Cheese: pepper jack, colby, goat cheese, brie, blue cheese, cheddar, gouda, white cheddar.
- Sweet Treats: chocolate covered pretzels, mini chocolates, mini dark chocolate squares, chocolate chips.
- Pickles: sweet pickles, baby dill pickles, cornichon pickles.
- Dips, Sauces or Jams: hummus, jalapeno dip, honey, apricot jam, nutella.
How to Make Charcuterie Board Meat Roses
Put on food safe gloves and line the rim of the cup with a layer of meat folding down and overlapping each other.
Keep working your way around the cup and layering until you can no longer see the inside of the glass.
Flip over the cup onto the charcuterie board where you want to place the meat rose and slightly twist back and forth until it loosens from the rim.
Fill the rest of your charcuterie board with crackers, cheese, fruits, nuts and more until there is not empty space.
Place out on display and enjoy!
- Glass (any size)
- Salami, Pepperoni or Deli Meat
- Put on food safe gloves and line the rim of the cup with a layer of meat folding down and overlapping each other.
- Keep working your way around the cup and layering until you can no longer see the inside of the glass.
- Flip over the cup onto the charcuterie board where you want to place the meat rose and slightly twist back and forth until it loosens from the rim.
- Fill the rest of your charcuterie board with crackers, cheese, fruits, nuts and more until there is not empty space.
- Place out on display and enjoy!