Making bunny cupcakes are a great way to celebrate Easter. They are colorful with a touch of sweetness and cuteness. I love how easy they are to make and the kids can help and create different faces for each one if they want to. Cupcakes are homemade but if you want a shortcut use the box mix to save on time. Enjoy!
Makes 24 cupcakes
- 2 C sugar
- 1 3/4 C flour
- 3/4 C cocoa
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs, room temp
- 1 C whole milk, room temp
- 1/2 C canola
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 C boiling water
Chocolate Cupcake Directions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line cupcake tins with paper liners.
- Whisk the sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Combine the eggs, milk, oil and vanilla in a bowl.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients beating on medium until the batter is smooth.
- Using a medium scoop fill the paper lined cupcake tins with the prepared batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to slightly cool before transferring to wire racks.
- 1 C unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
- 3 C + 1/2 C powder sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3-5 TBSP heavy whipping cream
- gummy bunny ears
- edible eyes
- pink gel frosting
- black gel frosting
- Beat powder sugar, butter and vanilla in a bowl.
- Add in the heavy whipping cream and continue to mix until stiff peaks form.
- Scoop the frosting into a pastry bag with a large round tip.
- Twist the open end of the pastry bag to push the frosting to the tip.
- Starting around the edge pipe a circle and pipe it in to the center creating a peak.
- Set aside.
- Place the bunny ears on the top of the cupcake.
- Add two eyes.
- Using the pink frosting, add a nose.
- Using the black frosting add the mouth and whiskers.