It’s pumpkin everything in the fall and these Pumpkin Caramel Latte Cupcakes hit the spot. You get a little bit of pumpkin and a little bit of spice with some homemade frosting drizzled in caramel. Stop drooling and start making! I promise these taste as delicious as they look.
Pumpkin Caramel Latte Cupcakes
- 1⅓ C flour
- 2 tsp dark roasted instant coffee
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- Pinch of ground cloves
- ¾ C canned pumpkin
- ½ C sugar
- ½ C brown sugar
- ½ C vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, room temp
- 1 C unsalted butter, room temp
- 2 C light brown sugar
- ½ C whole milk
- 4 C powdered sugar
- Caramel topping
- Caramel candies
Directions for Cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line your cupcake pan with paper liners.
- Whisk the flour, instant coffee, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves together.
- Now in another bowl, blend the pumpkin, sugar(both white and brown), and the vegetable oil until thoroughly mixed.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Start adding in the flour mixture one half at a time and blending in after each addition.
- Spoon the batter into the lined baking cups, filling each about two-thirds full. Bake at 350 degrees for 18 to 22 minutes.
- Remove from the oven but allow the cupcakes to cool in the cupcake pan for about 10 minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Directions for Frosting
- Add the butter to a medium size saucepan and melt on medium heat.
- Add brown sugar bringing it to a boil while stirring.
- Slowly pour in the milk continuing to stir until it comes to a boil and then set aside to cool.
- Transfer this mixture to a mixing bowl.
- Add spoonfuls of powdered sugar to the mixture a little at a time, mixing after each addition. If the frosting is too thin add a tablespoon or two of powdered sugar at a time until it thickens.
- Scoop the frosting into a pastry bag with a #13 size tip.
- Twist the open end of the pastry bag to push the frosting to the tip. Starting at the outer edge of the cooled cupcake frosting in a circle reaching to the center of the cupcake.
- Drizzle caramel topping on the frosted cupcake and place a caramel in the center.