I love a good combination of sweet and salt and these Payday cookies do the trick. They taste just like a Payday candy bar and a great alternative to make. Now is the time to find Brach’s candy corn in stores so be sure to pick up a few extra bags to save for when you are craving this Payday cookie recipe during non-season months.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup caramel pieces
- 1/2 cup peanuts
- 1/2 cup Brach’s candy corn
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, heat butter in the microwave for 30 to 45 seconds until almost melted.
- Mix in brown sugar and granulated sugar.
- Then mix in egg and vanilla extract.
- Now mix in flour, baking soda, and salt until the dough is thick enough.
- Fold in candy corn, caramel pieces, and peanuts.
- Use an ice cream scoop or a cookie scoop to place cookie dough onto the parchment paper.
- Bake for 6 minutes and then carefully add 2-3 pieces of candy corn on top.
- Finish baking for an addition 2-4 minutes (do not over bake or the cookies will spread too much).
- Let the cookies cool on a baking sheet for a few minutes.
If you love Brach’s candy corn as much as I do, you may not know but they also make other varieties for the season. Check them out below. And don’t forgot that National Candy Corn Day is October 30th which is a great excuse to make these yummy cookies.
- Traditional Candy Corn but in Mini’s
- Apple Mix
- Sea Salt Chocolate
- Indian Corn
- Mellowcream pumpkins
- Caramel Macchiato
- Peanut Butter
- Autumn Mix
- And, though not candy corn, their new Double Crunch Maple Almonds