Instead of making a whole cheesecake try these Mini Homemade Cheesecake Cupcakes. They are just the right portion size and taste amazing. Don’t let the homemade part intimidate you as they are easy enough for anyone to make.
Homemade Cheesecake Cupcakes
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Strawberry Sauce Ingredients
- 1 cup strawberries, – cut in half
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Preheat Oven to 325 degrees and line a muffin pan with paper liners.
- Combine graham cracker, butter and sugar in a small bowl. Texture should be similar to wet sand. Divide crust mixture evenly into the bottoms of muffin tins.
- Bake for 5-6 minutes or until golden brown, allowing to cool completely when finished.
- Assemble the cheesecake filling. Beat cream cheese in a stand mixer with the beater attachment.
- Add in sour cream, sugar, eggs and vanilla. Mix until combined.
- Pour cheesecake mixture into cooled muffin tin. It will be about 2 tablespoons of filling each, filling almost completely.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the cheesecakes are set. They will still jiggle a bit. But that is ok; they will cook as they cool.
- Allow them to cool in the muffin tin completely. Place in the refrigerator to chill and serve cold with your favorite topping.
Homemade Strawberry Sauce Directions
- Add strawberries, lemon juice and sugar to a small saucepan. Simmer on low for 15 minutes, mashing up strawberries with the back of a wooden spoon.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Using a food processor or blender mix until creamy and thick. Place back in the fridge and serve cold.