This Halloween, try making a Hocus Pocus Winifred Sanderson Cocktail! This festive drink is perfect for any Halloween party, and is sure to be a hit with all your guests.
This spellbinding drink is inspired by the iconic character from the 1993 Disney film. It’s made with margarita mix, tropical rum, spiced run and Midori melon liqueur for a taste that will taste will make you feel like you are under the spell of the Sanderson sisters.
The best part of this drink is the spooky glow coming from the bright green color. It looks just like a witches potion! A great addition to this drink would be a black light placed behind it to create an eerie effect.
If you’re a fan of Hocus Pocus, you’ll be excited to hear this. After almost 20 years, the Sanderson Sisters are coming back. That’s right, Sarah Jessica Parker, Kathy Najimy and Bette Midler are together again in Hocus Pocus 2 debuting on Disney+ September 30th! It’s the perfect time to enjoy this Hocus Pocus inspired cocktail while enjoying the movie.
What You’ll Need
- Midori – this is what give the cocktail it’s electric green color with a hint of honeydew melon flavor.
- Captain Morgan Tropical Rum – adds tropical flavors of pineapple and mango.
- Captain Morgan Spiced Rum – gives this cocktail a smooth finish and a taste of vanilla, brown sugar and warm spices.
- Margarita Mix – adds a hint of sweet and tangy to the mix.
- Maraschino Cherries – great for garnishing. Add to a cocktail pick and let hang off the side of the glass.
- Mint Sprigs – makes a lovely garnish for the drink.
- Dry Ice chips – this is optional if you want to make a spooky effect but be sure to wait till dissolved before consuming.
- Plain Ice – can use crush, cubed or nugget ice to keep drink chilled.
- 8 Ounce Glass – use your favorite cocktail glass.
How to Make a Winifred Sanderson Cocktail
Add ¼ cup of ice to a shaker. Add Midori, tropical rum, spiced rum and margarita mix. Shake vigorously for about 30 seconds.
Fill your 8 ounce glass with ice. Strain and pour the cocktail mix over the ice and garnish with maraschino cherries and mint.
Add a few dry ice chips for a spooky smoky effect if desired (make sure they are dissolved before consuming). Enjoy!
Winifred Sanderson Cocktail
- 1 oz Midori
- 1 oz Captain Morgan Tropical Rum
- 1 oz Captain Morgan Spiced Rum
- 5 oz Margarita Mix
- Maraschino Cherries
- Mint Sprigs
- Regular ice
- Dry ice chips optional
- Add ¼ cup of ice to a shaker. Add Midori, tropical rum, spiced rum and margarita mix. Shake vigorously for about 30 seconds.
- Fill your 8 ounce glass with ice. Add a few dry ice chips if desired (make sure they are dissolved before consuming).
- Strain and pour the cocktail mix over the ice and garnish with maraschino cherries and mint. Enjoy!
Nutritional facts are estimates and are provided as a courtesy to the reader. Please utilize your own brand nutritional values to double check against our estimates. Nutritional values are calculated via a third party. Changing ingredients, amounts or cooking technique will alter the estimated nutritional calculations.