Fantasy Fudge is a classic fudge recipe that is so easy to make and melts in your mouth. It’s also great for gift giving!
It’s the holidays, which means it’s time to make some fudge! This year, I decided to try my hand at making fantasy fudge.
One of the best things about the holidays is all of the delicious food that you get to enjoy. One of my favorite holiday treats is fudge. I love how rich and chocolatey it is, and it always seems to make the holidays feel even more special.
This fudge is perfect for sharing with friends and family, and makes a great addition to any holiday party or cookie exchange. So, if you’re looking for a delicious and easy dessert to bring, give this recipe a try!
What is Fantasy Fudge?
Fantasy fudge is a type of fudge that is made with chocolate, nuts, and marshmallow creme. Fantasy fudge is rich and creamy and with a smooth texture.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It’s easy to make: With just a few simple ingredients and a little bit of patience, you can whip up a batch of fantasy fudge in no time.
- It’s a crowd-pleaser: Whether you’re serving it at a holiday party or gifting it to friends and family, fantasy fudge is sure to be a hit with all ages.
- It’s customizable: Don’t like walnuts? No problem! You can easily swap them another kind of nuts or omit them completely.
What You Need
- Evaporated milk
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Marshmallow creme
- Chopped walnuts
- Try different kinds of nuts such as pecans or peanuts.
- For a festive touch add some colorful sprinkles on top.
- Try different types of chocolate – white chocolate, milk chocolate, or even dark chocolate – to create a fudge with a unique flavor and texture.
- If you’re not a fan of nuts you can omit them completely.
- Swap vanilla extract out for peppermint, almond, orange or any flavor you’d like to pairs nicely with the chocolate.
How to Make Fantasy Fudge
Begin by lining an 8×8 inch baking dish with parchment paper and set it aside.
In a large saucepan, combine sugar, evaporated milk and margarine. Bring to a boil and stir constantly for 5 minutes and until sugar is melted.
Remove from heat. Stir in chocolate chips, marshmallow fluff, vanilla and chopped nuts.
Stir until it is completely combined and melted.
Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and spread it into an even layer.
Allow the fudge to cool completely before cutting it into squares. Enjoy!
- If fudge looks grainy or greasy in pan, add a splash of heavy cream or evaporated milk and stir in until smooth.
- Be patient when stirring the fudge mixture. It will take some time for the sugar to dissolve and the mixture to thicken.
- To make cutting the fudge easier, line the pan with parchment paper and let the fudge cool completely before slicing.
Can I use a different type of chocolate for this recipe?
Yes, you can use any type of chocolate that you like such as semi-sweet, white chocolate, etc.
How long does this fudge last?
Fantasy Fudge will last for up to one week when stored in an airtight container at room temperature or in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Can I make Fantasy Fudge ahead of time?
Yes! You can make Fantasy Fudge up to 2 weeks in advance and store it in the refrigerator until you’re ready to enjoy it.
Can I freeze Fantasy Fudge?
Yes, you can freeze Fantasy Fudge. Store fudge in an airtight container and in the freezer for up to 3 months.
More Delicious Fudge Recipes
Fantasy Fudge is a classic fudge recipe that is so easy to make and melts in your mouth. It's also great for gift giving!
- 3 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 16 tbsp margarine
- 1 (12oz.) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 jar marshmallow creme
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Begin by lining an 8x8 inch baking dish with parchment paper and set it aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar, evaporated milk and margarine. Bring to a boil and stir constantly for 5 minutes and until sugar is melted.
- Remove from heat. Stir in chocolate chips, marshmallow fluff, vanilla and chopped nuts.
- Stir until it is completely combined and melted.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and spread it into an even layer.
- Allow the fudge to cool completely before cutting it into squares. Enjoy!