One of the easiest meals to make are these Crock Pot Chicken Gyros. I mean literally you throw everything in the crock pot except the flatbread, sauce and tomatoes and let it do the work for you. I usually make these when I know we won’t have a lot of time to eat since all you have to do is scoop the mixture onto a flatbread, wrap it up and eat.
The sauce can be a dad bit messy so I recommend not eating them on the go. We’ve tried this and it was not a success. Feel free to customize this recipe to your liking as there are many options to add and take away. This is one recipe you can’t go wrong with and great for the whole family to enjoy.
Crock Pot Chicken Gyros
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 c. Birdseye recipe ready frozen diced onion
- 1 1/2 lb. chicken
- juice from 1 medium-sized lemon
- 1/2 c. chicken broth
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- sliced tomatoes
- cucumber sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- Turn on Crock Pot and add the chicken and chicken broth.
- Next add the butter, onions, lemon juice, oregano, and salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 hours or on low for 3-4 hours.
- Before the chicken is finished slice up the tomatoes and set aside.
- Allow chicken to cool for a few minutes.
- When the chicken is cooled off a bit, shred it with a hand mixer while still in the crock pot.
- Serve by adding the chicken mixture on a piece of flatbread and top it with sliced tomatoes and cucumber sauce.