You won’t be able to resist treating your taste buds to the delectable and convenient walking berry pretzel salad in a bag, featuring a heavenly blend of sweet and salty flavors that will leave you craving for more!
Looking for a patriotic dessert idea for your next 4th of July grill out or camping trip?
Look no further than this easy-to-make walking dessert berry pretzel salad treats! Featuring strawberry pie filling, berries, homemade whipped cream, and sprinkles, these treats are the perfect way to satisfy your sweet tooth while enjoying the great outdoors.
The inspiration for these treats comes from the classic strawberry pretzel salad recipe, but with the addition of fresh berries and a more portable, walkable format.
In addition to being delicious, these treats are also super easy to clean up, making them a perfect choice for post-game soccer or football snacks.
What is a Walking Dessert?
A Walking Dessert is a dessert version of the popular “walking tacos” concept, where all the ingredients are assembled and served in a bag that you can eat straight from, making it a perfect portable and mess-free treat.
Why You’ll Love This Walking Dessert
- Sweet and salty flavors: This dessert combines the balance of flavors that many people love.
- Portability: The “walking” aspect of this dessert refers to its individual serving size and portability, making it easy to bring to picnics, potlucks, or other events where you want to share a delicious treat with others.
- Versatility: While this dessert is commonly made with berries, you can also substitute other fruits, such as peaches or mangoes, for a different flavor.
- Ease of preparation: This dessert is relatively simple to make with just a few ingredients and no baking required.
What You Need
There are so many options you can add and a variety of walking desserts. Here’s what we added to our Walking Berry Pretzel Salad Dessert.
- Deli Style Pretzel Snack Bags
- Whipped Cream Cheese
- Whipped Cream
- Vanilla Coffee Creamer
- Strawberry Pie Filling
- Strawberries and Blueberries
- Whip Cream
- Red White and Blue Sprinkles
How to Make Walking Berry Pretzel Salad
To prepare Walking Berry Pretzel Salad, begin by combining whipped cream cheese, cool whip, and coffee creamer in a large mixing bowl, and whisk or beat using a stand mixer until it’s smooth and thick.
Next, open bags and gently crush pretzels inside each bag, then add 3 to 4 spoonfuls of the mixture into each bag.
Followed by 2 spoonfuls of strawberry pie filling and some fresh berries.
Top it off with whipped cream and sprinkles, and serve immediately for a scrumptious treat!
- Make an easy accessible assembly line of toppings in servings bowls or a cupcake tins for everyone to pick and choose.
- Open bags of pretzels first before crushing to prevent crumbs from flying everywhere.
- Fold down the tops of the bags to make it easier to add toppings and eat out of it.
How can I transport this walking dessert?
I like to store everything in small cooler in individual containers. Then set everything up when I arrive at the party.
How can I serve this walking dessert?
Keep cold items in the fridge until ready to serve. If setting up as an assembly serve cold items on ice especially if outside.
Can I serve this recipe in bulk?
Yes, of course. If you need to serve a large crowd you can double or triple this recipe to how many servings you need. I would suggest buying the pretzels in bulk at Sam’s Club.
Can I make this ahead of time?
I would only suggest making the homemade whipped cream and slicing the berries up ahead of time and storing in the fridge the day before. When ready to serve lay everything out for everyone to assemble their individual bags.
Walking Berry Pretzel Salad
- 10 Deli Style Pretzel Snack Bags
- 16 oz. of Whipped Cream Cheese
- 8 oz. of Whipped Cream
- ¾ cup of Vanilla Coffee Creamer
- 21 oz. can of Strawberry Pie Filling
- 2 cups of diced Strawberries and Blueberries
- Whip Cream
- Red White and Blue Sprinkles
- Start by adding your whipped cream cheese, cool whip, and coffee creamer to a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk or beat in a stand mixture until smooth and thick.
- Open each bag and gently crush pretzels inside.
- Spoon 3 to 4 spoonfuls into each bag.
- Add 2 spoonfuls of strawberry pie filling into each bag.
- Add berries into each bag, and top with whip cream and sprinkles.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Nutritional facts are estimates and are provided as a courtesy to the reader. Please utilize your own brand nutritional values to double check against our estimates. Nutritional values are calculated via a third party. Changing ingredients, amounts or cooking technique will alter the estimated nutritional calculations.