Take your taco Tuesday to the next level with Rotel Tacos – the viral TikTok recipe that combines the irresistible flavors of nacho cheese with classic tacos.
Slow Cooker Rotel Tacos are going to be your new superstar dinner. Rotel tacos are currently taking the internet by storm, and I couldn’t resist giving them a try in the slow cooker. The results were nothing short of amazing.
These tacos are a brilliant fusion of nacho goodness and classic taco flavors, winning the hearts of my entire family. They devoured them in minutes and declared this recipe a keeper, so it’s definitely going into our monthly meal rotation.
To whip up these mouthwatering tacos, you’ll need just five simple ingredients: ground beef, taco seasoning, Velveeta cheese, and Rotel tomatoes. The magic happens when you combine them in your slow cooker.
Easy Rotel Tacos with Queso
The beauty of Rotel Tacos lies in their simplicity. By using Rotel tomatoes mixed with melted Velveeta cheese as a base for your taco filling, you instantly add that iconic nacho cheese flavor to every bite. It’s like having a fiesta in your mouth!
But it doesn’t stop there – these tacos are completely customizable to suit your preferences. Add some diced jalapenos for an extra kick, sprinkle on some fresh cilantro for brightness, or drizzle on some creamy avocado salsa for added creaminess. The possibilities are endless!
Whether you’re a die-hard fan of Rotel queso or simply looking for a creative twist on traditional tacos, this recipe is sure to become a new favorite in your kitchen.
Want to put a TikTok twist on this viral recipe? Try creating mini Rotel taco cups using wonton wrappers baked in muffin tins! Fill them with your tasty mixture and top them off with queso sauce before baking until golden brown—perfect finger food for parties!
Why You’ll Love This Rotel Tacos Recipe
- Cheesy nacho flavor!
- Quick and easy prep!
- Endless possibilities of variations!
- Perfect party food!
- Great the next day if there is any leftovers!
Rotel Tacos Ingredients
- Lean ground beef, cooked and drained
- Taco seasoning
- Velveeta cheese
- Rotel diced tomatoes with green chilies
- Flour Tortillas
- Taco toppings
- Use crunchy taco shells in place of soft flour tortillas. Nacho cheese flavor would be delicious.
- For a spicy kick add jalapeno slices, spicy salsa or hot sauce to your taco filling.
- For a lighter alternative swap out tortillas and place on a lettuce wrap.
- Add black beans for some protein.
- Serve over nachos or rice.
- Swap ground beef taco meat with ground chicken or turkey instead.
How to Make Rotel Tacos
Brown and drain your ground beef.
Cut the Velveeta cheese into 1 inch cubes.
Add the ground beef, taco seasoning, cheese, Rotel tomatoes, and milk to your slow cooker and stir together.
Cover and cook on low for 4 hours.
Serve in tortillas and top with your favorite taco toppings.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- Customize the heat by adjusting the spice level. For milder flavors, use original Rotel tomatoes with green chilies. For a hot and spicy version, use Hot Rotel diced tomatoes with habaneros.
- These can get messy! Double up on the tortilla shells to prevent messes and add stability.
- Warm tortilla shells before assembling the tacos.
- Prep ingredients ahead for convenience. Cut up vegetables and brown ground beef ahead of time and store in fridge.
Of course! You can use ground turkey, ground chicken or even vegetarian crumbles for this recipe.
The options are endless! You can add whatever toppings you like on tacos. Some favorites are sour cream, sliced avocados, guacamole, chopped cilantro and more.
This particular recipe is not gluten free as it uses a flour tortilla but you can swap for a crunchy taco shell that is gluten free. Also, use gluten free ingredients.
Absolutely! You can prep the taco meat and veggies the day before. Store in an airtight container in the fridge until ready to use. When ready to serve, just heat up the taco meat and assemble the tacos.
More Taco Recipes
Slow Cooker Rotel Tacos
- 2-2.5 lbs. lean ground beef cooked and drained
- 1 oz. envelope taco seasoning
- 1 16oz. block Velveeta cheese
- 1 10oz. can Rotel diced tomatoes with green chilies
- ¼ cup milk
- Taco toppings
- Brown and drain your ground beef.
- Cut the Velveeta cheese into 1 inch cubes.
- Add the ground beef, taco seasoning, cheese, Rotel tomatoes, and milk to your slow cooker and stir together.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours.
- Serve in tortillas and top with your favorite taco toppings.
Nutritional facts are estimates and are provided as a courtesy to the reader. Please utilize your own brand nutritional values to double check against our estimates. Nutritional values are calculated via a third party. Changing ingredients, amounts or cooking technique will alter the estimated nutritional calculations.