This Slow Cooker Crack Chicken is creamy, delicious and perfect for busy nights. So easy to make, just dump, cook, shred and enjoy on sandwiches!
This is one recipe everyone goes crazy over. And the fact that it is an easy one to make, it goes on the meal plan several times a month.
This slow cooker recipe is also great for serving a crowd. Just double or triple the recipe to serve more.
Tips for Crack Chicken
- If the mixture is too thick, add a little bit of chicken broth to the slow cooker.
- Save time and shred chicken with a hand mixer. This is the easiest way and is done in no time.
- Save the cleanup and use a crock pot liner.
What You’ll Need
- Chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- Bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Ranch seasoning
- Cream cheese, sliced into cubes
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Chicken broth
How to Make Crack Chicken in the Slow Cooker
Add chicken breasts to bottom of slow cooker. Pour in chicken broth over top. Add cubed cream cheese and ranch seasoning.
Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4-6 hours.
Remove lid and shred chicken with two forks.
Add cheddar cheese and bacon. Stir and put lid back on. Cook until cheese is melted.
Serve on buns or your choice of side dish and enjoy!
- Add hot sauce for a bit of a kick!
- Can use a packet of real bacon bits.
- Make it keto friendly by omitting the buns and replacing it with a keto bun or bread.
- If you’re short on time, cook it in the instant pot for 15 minutes allowing natural pressure release for 10 minutes.
How to Serve Crack Chicken
- As a dip with crackers or chips
- On sandwiches
- Over rice
- Over mashed potatoes
Storing & Reheating
- To Store: Allow to cool and place in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- To Freeze: Allow to cool and place in ziploc bags in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- To Reheat: Heat on the stove or in the microwave to desired temperature. If frozen, defrost in the fridge overnight and heat to desired temperature.
Slow Cooker Crack Chicken
- 3 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 3 -4 breasts)
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 16 ounces cream cheese cubed
- 2 packets dry ranch seasoning
- 8 ounces bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Add chicken breasts to bottom of slow cooker. Pour in chicken broth over top. Add cubed cream cheese and ranch seasoning.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4-6 hours.
- Remove lid and shred chicken with two forks.
- Add cheddar cheese and bacon. Stir and put lid back on. Cook until cheese is melted.
- Serve on buns or your choice of side dish and enjoy!
Nutritional facts are estimates and are provided as a courtesy to the reader. Please utilize your own brand nutritional values to double check against our estimates. Nutritional values are calculated via a third party. Changing ingredients, amounts or cooking technique will alter the estimated nutritional calculations.