Save money by making your own Mint Chocolate Chip Shake at home with just a few ingredients!
I don’t know about you, but I absolutely love mint chocolate chip ice cream. There’s something about the cool, refreshing flavor of mint combined with the creamy richness of chocolate that just hits the spot.
Milkshakes at fast food chains can be expensive. You can easily make a delicious mint chocolate chip shake at home and save yourself some money in the process! All you need is five ingredients and a blender.
If you crave milkshakes as much as I do, then give this recipe a try.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It’s creamy and delicious!
- Easy to make!
- Refreshing and cooling!
- It’s customizable!
What You Need
- Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- Half & Half
- Green Food Coloring
- Whipped Cream, for garnish
- Chocolate Chips, for garnish
- Mint Extract (optional)
- Can substitute mint chocolate chip ice cream for vanilla ice cream and mint extract.
- Can omit green food coloring if you’d like as it just gives more green color.
- Can substitute half and half for whole milk.
How to Make a Mint Chocolate Chip Shake
Step One: Add mint chocolate chip ice cream to blender.
Step Two: Then pour half & half on top of ice cream and add a few drops of green food coloring.
Step Three: Blend until smooth and mixed thoroughly. If you want more minty flavor, add some mint extract and blend some more.
Step Four: Pour it into a glass, add a straw and garnish with whipped cream and chocolate chips.
Can I freeze a milkshake?
While milkshakes are meant to be enjoyed right after making, you can freeze a milkshake. Just note that the taste and texture will not be the same if you do so.
Can I make this recipe dairy-free?
Yes, you can. Just replace the dairy with non-dairy options.
Mint Chocolate Chip Shake
- 1 Pint Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- 1/2 Cup Half & Half
- Green Food Coloring
- Whipped Cream optional
- Mint Extract optional
- Add mint chocolate chip ice cream to blender.
- Then pour half & half on top of ice cream and add a few drops of green food coloring.
- Blend until smooth and mixed thoroughly. If you want more minty flavor, add some mint extract and blend some more.
- Pour it into a glass, add a straw and garnish with whipped cream and chocolate chips.
Nutritional facts are estimates and are provided as a courtesy to the reader. Please utilize your own brand nutritional values to double check against our estimates. Nutritional values are calculated via a third party. Changing ingredients, amounts or cooking technique will alter the estimated nutritional calculations.