Mermaids are my thing! I love everything about them and sometimes want to be a mermaid. With Easter around the corner and my fascination with Mermaids I decided to combine the 2 together and create some DIY Mermaid Easter eggs. It was actually more simple than I thought it would be with just a few supplies.
Mermaid Easter Eggs
- One dozen hard-boiled eggs
- Purple color mist
- Pink color mist
- Blue, Green, and Purple nail polish
- Netting or fish net stockings
- Rubber bands
- Edible silver dust
- After the hard-boiled eggs have cooled spray purple or pink color mist completely covering each egg and let dry.
- Wipe access color mist color off the egg with a paper towel.
- Once dry, apply the netting over the egg and secure with a rubber band.
- Apply some nail polish to sponge using the brush and dab on top of the netting onto the egg.
- Sprinkle some edible silver dust onto a napkin.
- With the netting still in place over the egg carefully roll the egg over the dust covering it.
- Blow access dust off and remove the netting.
- Repeat steps 1-6 for the rest of the eggs.
- Display your Mermaid Easter eggs on a bed of grass for everyone to see and enjoy eating!
Note: If you don’t want your eggs to have a background color you can skip the color mist and just dab the nail polish with the sponge over the netting. Then, you can continue with steps 4-6.
Ways to Dye Easter Eggs, 63 Different Ways to Dye EggsMarch 22, 2018 at 11:11 am
[…] Mermaid Easter Eggs […]
How to Make Mermaid Tail Cupcakes - Everyday ShortcutsJune 3, 2019 at 11:36 pm
[…] a lover of all things mermaid so I can never resist creating anything mermaid-ish such as these mermaid Easter eggs. I love how these cupcakes turned out and think they are perfect for the ultimate mermaid birthday […]