Homemade Window Cleaner
Homemade Window Cleaners are a great way to save more as they are safe and more effective. Cleaners bought at the store costs $3-$4 compared to DIY glass cleaners for that costs around $0.33 to make. I find that when I use store-bought glass cleaners I don’t get that streak-free window. With the homemade version, I get streak-free windows every time.
If you are a fan of non-toxic cleaners, view the recipes below on how to make Homemade Window Cleaner.
Streak-Free Window Cleaner
1 cup water
1 cup rubbing alcohol
1 teaspoon vinegar
- Mix all ingredients together and pour into a brand new spray bottle. (do not reuse a spray bottle that already had cleaner in it previously)
Scented Window Cleaner
2 cups water
2 tablespoons vinegar
10-15 drops essential oil (will help the vinegar smell)
- Mix ingredients together into a brand new, un-used spray bottle.
Lemon Window Cleaner
1/2 of a lemon juiced
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/2 cup white vinegar
1/2 cup water
- Juice half of a lemon and remove the seeds.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients into a bowl and whisk until blended.
- Pour into a brand new, un-used spray bottle.
You can also use some mild dishwashing soap such as Dawn, water, and a squeegee to wash your windows. If you have larger windows or want to clean the outside of them, this method may be best for you.