This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BakeInTheFun #CollectiveBias
The holidays mean so much to me because I get to spend time with my family. Since I have some extra time this year, I plan on doing more baking to share with my family and friends. I love giving them a homemade gift because it is so much more personable. This is the time of year where I break out my KitchenAid® and baking supplies and begin creating. I have been trying some new things in the kitchen to change it up a bit along with some favorites that everyone loves.
Enter for a chance to win 1 of 8 KitchenAid® mixers by voting for your favorite photo to be entered.
Walmart has all the ingredients I need for my holiday baking. I picked up M&M’s® White Peppermint, M&M’s® Hot Chocolate, Pillsbury™ Funfetti® Holiday Cake Mix, Great Value Milk, M&M’s® Holiday Milk Chocolate, and Pillsbury™ Funfetti® Holiday Vanilla Flavored Frosting. These items were easy to find as everything was in seasonal baking found in the middle of the aisles. And the milk was found in the refrigerated dairy section. Be sure to print this coupon to save $1.00 on ANY TWO (2) M&M’s® Chocolate Candies, 8 oz or larger.
With some of the ingredients listed above I created 2 fun recipes to make for the holidays. Check them out!
Edible Christmas Tree Cupcake Toppers
- Pillsbury™ Funfetti® Holiday Cake Mix + Ingredients listed on box
- Pillsbury™ Funfetti® Holiday Vanilla Flavored Frosting
- M&M’s® Holiday Milk Chocolate Candies
- Green Candy Melts
- Cupcake Liners
- Prepare cupcakes per box directions.
- Allow to cool.
- While the cupcakes are cooling melt green candy melts in bowl.
- Draw Christmas Tree outlines on a piece of white paper.
- Put wax paper over tree outlines.
- Put melted candy in a squeeze bottle or dessert decorator with a round tip.
- Trace the outline with the melted candy and fill it in (not too thick or it will be heavy).
- Smooth it out with your finger.
- Before the candy hardens, use the sprinkles from the Pillsbury™ Funfetti® Holiday Vanilla Flavored Frosting to stick on the candy tree.
- At the top of each candy tree add a Red M&M’s® Holiday Milk Chocolate candy.
- Allow candy to harden.
- While candy is hardening frost cupcakes with Pillsbury™ Funfetti® Holiday Vanilla Flavored Frosting.
- When the candy is ready peel off the wax paper and stick one in each cupcake.
Peppermint Hot Chocolate
Makes 8 fl. oz.
- 1/2 cup M&M’s® Hot Chocolate candies
- 3 tbsp. M&M’s® White Peppermint candies
- 1 cup Great Value Milk
- Warm milk in microwave.
- Add M&M’s® Hot Chocolate, M&M’s® White Peppermint, and Great Value Milk to food processor.
- Blend together until smooth (there may be a few small pieces).
- Pour into a glass and enjoy!
Milk is needed at our food banks and often not donated. They are so many kids and families that are hungry and missing on those important nutrients they need that are supplied by milk. One way to help is making a small donation at pourmilklove.com or purchase 2 bags of M&M’s® at Walmart (9.4 oz bags or larger) and up to a gallon of milk will be donated to the drive. One out of every 6 children rely on food banks so this a great way to help out especially if you are already planning on buying M&M’s® for the holidays. The Great American Milk Drive will deliver a gallon of milk – and all of the essential nutrients, including protein, that it provides – to a family in need in YOUR local community.
Looking for some more holiday recipes, check the ones listed here!
Samantha KDecember 2, 2015 at 1:57 am
I love making cupcake toppers with candy melts and the trees look amazing!! Great job!! (client)