Making this DIY Kids Costume Box encourages my son to use his imagination by dressing up in his favorite characters or superhero. When the costumes starting taking over his room it was time to come up with a solution.
Since I am frugal in any way that I can be, I didn’t want to spend money on another storage container. You can make this DIY kids costume box with a few simple supplies that you may already have around the house. If you don’t have all the supplies on hand it will only cost a few dollars to make.
- Cardboard Box
- Duct Tape
- Stick on Letters (found at the Dollar Store)
- Find a cardboard box that is the right size to fit the amount of costumes on hand.
- Cut the flaps off the top of the box.
- Cover in Duct Tape (color of your choice) going in the same direction.
- Using stick on letters, you can label the box “Costumes” or whatever you wish.
One tip is to find a box that is sturdy so it will last longer and not fall apart. You can also save the Halloween Costumes for the kids to play with throughout the year.