Cherry Chocolate Kiss Cookies
If you love cherries and chocolate, this Cherry Chocolate Kiss Cookies recipe is the perfect combination of both. They are great to make for a cookie exchange, neighbors, friends, or just to have out for Christmas. These are more like a shortbread cookie with cherries inside the dough. This is one cookie recipe you will enjoy to make and eat!
Get more RECIPES from ShortCutSaver here!
- 1 cup slightly softened Butter
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 2 tsp Maraschino Cherry liquid
- Red Food Coloring
- 1/4 teaspoon Vanilla
- 2 1/4 cup Flour
- 10 oz jar Maraschino Cherries
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 36 unwrapped Hershey kisses
1. Preheat the oven to 325. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. Remove cherries from liquid and chop.
3. Reserve 2 teaspoons of liquid.
4. Cream the butter with a mixer.
5. Gradually add powdered sugar.
6. Add 2 teaspoons cherry liquid, red food coloring to reach desired shade and vanilla and mix.
7. Gradually add flour and mix until combined.
8. Add cherries and mix until distributed.
9. Shape into 1″ balls and place the balls on a prepared sheet leaving space all around.
10. Press gently down on center of cookie to flatten.
11. Sprinkle each with a sugar.
12. Bake 12-15 minutes or until the bottoms are beginning to brown.
13. Remove from oven and lightly press a kiss into the middle of each.
14. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.