Being a huge Marvel fan and having Captain America as my favorite Avenger I had to make some Captain America slime. I cannot wait until the next Avengers movie coming out in 2019 as you know I will be first in line to see it. We had so much fun making this slime and was the perfect activity for a rainy day.
This recipe does not require borax as some slime recipes do. If you prefer to use borax you can mix 1 tbsp borax powder and 1 cup of warm water together. Stir until the borax is completely dissolved. Then, in a separate bowl, mix 1/2 cup of glue and 1/2 cup of water. Stir until the mixture is well-combined (the mixture will be watery) and then add a few drops of color until you get the color you want. The non-borax recipe is below.
Captain America Inspired Slime
- 1 cup White Glue
- 1 Cup Liquid Starch
- Red acrylic paint
- Blue acrylic paint
- 2 bowls
- 2 spoons
- Container to store slime in
- Pour a 1/2 cup of glue in each bowl.
- Add red acrylic paint in one bowl and mix together.
- Add blue acrylic paint in the other bowl and mix together.
- Add 1/2 cup of liquid starch to each bowl and stir.
- Take the slime out of each bowl and knead them separately for about 3-4 minutes or until it thickens.
- Take the red and blue slime out of each bowl and line up each of the colors next to each other.
- Repeat the pattern until you are out of slime.
- Scoop up the slime and begin to play!
If the consistency of the slime is not right you can add a little bit more of starch and knead the slime again. The more you play with the slime the less sticky it will be.
If you like this slime recipe, check out my Disney·Pixar’s Coco Inspired Sugar Skull Slime!