Bowling Green, KY has plenty to do for families that include arts, museums, historic sites, and more that are educational and fun. Here are my top 6 things to do with kids in Bowling Green, KY.
1. Corvette Museum– Learn about the different types of Corvettes and how they are made with a display of over 80 Corvettes. You can even visit where the sinkhole happened, see the tunnel, and cars that were damaged. It takes about 1-2 hours to go through the entire museum so if you get hungry you can stop at the Corvette Cafe on your way out.
2. Dinosaur World– Over 20 acres to explore the predators from many years ago. There are over 150 life-size dinosaurs to view on a paved pathway. There are also several shows and exhibits to see including the interactive boneyard, giant skeletal playground and Prehistoric museum.
3. Kentucky Action Park– Explore your adventurous side with a twin zipline, alpine slide, go carts, and more. Or take a ride on a horse with the 500 acres at the Jesse James Riding Stables located at the Kentucky Action Park.
4. Beech Bend Amusement Park & Splash Lagoon– Family owned and operated park at affordable prices without the long lines. Offers 40 rides as well as antique cars, miniature golf, go-carts, petting farm, and more. Connected to the amusement park is Splash Lagoon. It has a lazy river, wave pool, water slides, interactive children’s play pool, and Tiki Island. There is also a drag way connected to the 2 parks if you want to watch the cars race.
5. Historic Railpark and Train Museum– See the displays and exhibits of railroad history. They offer guided and self guided tours. Guided tour walks through 5 rail cars outside and the self guided tour is only for the museum. If you visit in the winter, they offer the Polar Express experience where kids arrive at the Depot in their pajamas, get their ticket punched by the conductor, and more.
6. Lost River Cave – Explore Kentucky caves by boat. Visit the wishing rock and touch a limestone ceiling. Other activities include a Discovery Cave Crawl, Kayak the Cave, and more.
And if you are looking for a good place to eat try the Lost River Pizza Co. It is a family friendly atmosphere where you can relax, watch sports, eat their award-winning pizza, and try one of their 30 beers on tap. They also offer burgers, Italian cuisine, and sandwiches in addition to their pizza.
Need a place to stay? Try the Country Inn & Suites in Bowling Green, KY. They make you feel right at home, offer free continental breakfast, pool, jacuzzi, and close to restaurants and attractions.
Disclosure: I received media passes to several of the locations listed above. All opinions are 100% my own.
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.