So it’s hot out and you want to go swimming. While some of us may not have a budget to have a pool installed there is a more budget friendly option of installing an above ground pool yourself. And nowadays it is so much easier to do with Bestway Pools. They offer a variety of pools in all shapes and sizes to choose from that will fit in anyone’s budget and backyard. Plus, setting up one is so much simpler than you think and can be ready to swim in the same day.
If you are looking for a sturdy above ground pool that will last longer try a Bestway Power Steel Frame Pool. You can read my full review about it here and learn how to set one up with the simple instructions listed below. The more people you have to help you set up the pool the faster you can get it up to enjoy hours of fun.
How to Set Up a Bestway Power Steel Frame Pool
What you Need:
- Tape Measure
- Tiller (optional)
- Determine and measure the area where you want the pool. Consider avoiding slopes, electric wires, and trees.
- Level the ground where the pool will be using the tools listed above.
- When the ground is level be sure to remove any rocks, sticks, or anything sharp that may damage the liner of the pool.
- Double check the area again with a level to make sure it is level and ready to set up the pool.
- Lay out the tarp provided inside the box over the leveled area. You may need to place an object at each corner of the tarp to keep it from blowing away.
- Open all parts and lay them out for easy setup.
- Spread out the pool and make sure it is right side up with the pump facing the right way to plug-in and the drain valve facing the area you want to drain the water at the end of the season.
- Without moving the tarp, place the pool on top of the tarp.
Insert the top rail into the pole pockets at the top of the pool and connect top rail with T-Connector at each of corner.
Insert pins into gasket first and then into pre-drilled holes of the frame. The gasket cups should face downwards to prevent water leaking into the top rails.
- Keep repeating steps 9 and 10 till all the rails and pools are connected around the pool.
Put all vertical pool legs inside the bottom of the pool wall band and attach the footings.
- Make sure all the poles are straight and secured around the pool.
- Make sure the drain cap is on and firmly closed.
- Smooth out the wrinkles in the bottom of the pool and begin filling with water.
- Build the pool ladder by following the instructions listed inside the box as the pool is filling up with water.
- As the pool fills up with water, put the pool ladder inside the pool and continue to smooth out the wrinkles until the pool is about 1/4 of the way filled.
- Once the pool is filled connect the pool pump and plug in.
- Trim the tarp around the pool or tuck it under the pool.
- Add chlorine and be sure to test the water for PH levels each time you add chlorine.
At the end of the pool season be sure to drain the pool properly and allow the pool to air dry. Take it apart and store in a cool dry place during the off-season. To prevent the pool from sticking you can sprinkle it with talcum powder.
Check out my time lapsed video on how we set up our Bestway Power Steel Frame Pool.
If you have anymore questions or want more information, visit Bestway Pools.
Disclosure: I received a Bestway Power Steel Pool in exchange for this post. All opinions are my own.