These Pudding Shots topped with Lucky Charms cereal marshmallows are a fun and festive St. Patrick’s Day treat!
St. Patrick’s Day is a time to get together with friends and family, enjoy some green beer and have some fun.
These boozy shots are the perfect addition to your St. Patrick’s Day party. And they are easy to make using pudding, Irish Cream Liqueur, milk and Lucky Charms marshmallows.
If you’re not a fan of green beer like me, try these pudding shots. They go down smooth and tastes great!
If you like these Lucky Charms Pudding Shots, try my Irish Jello Shooters that are layered to look like the Irish Flag.
What are pudding shots?
Pudding shots are an alcoholic shooter made by combining pudding mix and liquor. You can make many different flavors using different instant pudding mixes and alcohol combinations.
Why You’ll Love this Recipe
- They’re green! – Perfect for Saint Patrick’s Day festivities.
- Quick and easy to make! – You can whip these up in about 10 minutes.
- Only 4 simple ingredients to make plus garnishes!
What You Need
- Vanilla instant pudding
- Irish Cream Liqueur
- Lucky Charms cereal marshmallows
- Green food coloring
- Whipped cream
- If you don’t want to use green food coloring you can use pistachio pudding instead for the green color.
- Can swap the marshmallows for some festive sprinkles on top.
- If you want them kid-friendly, omit the liquor and make sure to add 1 ½ cup of cold milk instead of 1 cup.
- Need to serve a crowd? Double or triple the recipe to make more.
How to Make St. Patrick’s Day Pudding Shots
Step 1 – Prepare the marshmallows. Add Lucky Charms marshmallows to a food processor and blend to a fine marshmallow dust.
Step 2 – Prepare the pudding mix. In a bowl, add instant pudding mix, Irish Cream liquor and milk. Whisk together until thickens about 2 minutes. Add marshmallow dust and mix until fully combined.
Step 3 – Prepare the pudding shots. Spoon in the pudding mixture into each shot glass. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours to allow to set or overnight.
Step 4 – Garnish pudding shots. When ready to serve top off with a dollop of whipped cream and Lucky Charms full size marshmallows.
- Use cold milk to make the pudding mix so it sets faster.
- Let the pudding shots sit in the fridge for at least 2 hours or overnight to allow the pudding to set completely.
- Garnish pudding shots right before serving.
- If you need to transport these, add a lid and make sure to keep them cold.
How to Store Pudding Shots
Place pudding shots in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Can I make these pudding shots ahead of time?
Yes, you can make these pudding shots a day or two ahead of time, just be sure to store them in the fridge until ready to serve.
Can I use another kind of marshmallows instead of Lucky Charms?
Yes, you can use any type of marshmallows you’d prefer. The Lucky Charms cereal marshmallows go with the St. Patties theme.
How long do pudding shots last in the fridge?
These pudding shots will last up to 5 days in the fridge if stored in an airtight container.
Where can I find pudding shot cups?
St. Patrick’s Day Pudding Shots
- 1 3.4 oz package vanilla instant pudding
- 1 cup cold milk if not adding Irish Cream, use 1 ½ cup of cold milk
- 1/2 cup Irish Cream Liqueur
- 1 cup Lucky Charms cereal marshmallows blended in a food processor to marshmallow dust
- Green food coloring
- Whipped cream for garnish
- Lucky Charms cereal marshmallows for garnish
- Step 1 – Prepare the marshmallows. Add Lucky Charms marshmallows to a food processor and blend to a fine marshmallow dust.
- Step 2 – Prepare the pudding mix. In a bowl, add instant pudding mix, Irish Cream liquor and milk. Whisk together until thickens about 2 minutes. Add marshmallow dust and mix until fully combined.
- Step 3 – Prepare the pudding shots. Spoon in the pudding mixture into each shot glass. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours to allow to set or overnight.
- Step 4 – Garnish pudding shots. When ready to serve top off with a dollop of whipped cream and Lucky Charms full size marshmallows.
Nutritional facts are estimates and are provided as a courtesy to the reader. Please utilize your own brand nutritional values to double check against our estimates. Nutritional values are calculated via a third party. Changing ingredients, amounts or cooking technique will alter the estimated nutritional calculations.