If you prefer to feed your baby organic or all-natural food try using a juicer to make homemade baby food. It will give your baby the nutrients you need and it literally takes minutes to make. Not only is this a time saver but a money saver as well.
How to Make Homemade Baby Food with a Juicer
- Fruits and Veggies
- Baby food jars
- Juicer (I used a Champion Juicer)
- Wash fruit and veggies and remove any seeds, string, and skin.
- Attach the homogenizing body to your Juicer. The homogenizing body piece eliminates the use of the screen holder. This allows the items to come out through the front of the juicer body and will not separate the pulp and the juice. This will make the baby food solid.
- Add the ingredients one at a time into the juicer.
- When the ingredients are finished going through the juicer add them to the baby food jars and seal lid shut.
Baby Food Recipes
Carrots – Add 3 large carrots or a cup of baby carrots through the juicer.
Bananas– Remove peel and strings and mash 2 bananas. Process the mashed bananas through the juicer.
Applesauce – Skin and seed 3 medium apples and steam for 20-25 minutes. When you are finished steaming run them through the juicer.
Sweet Potato – Steam 1 large sweet potato for 20-25 minutes and run through the juicer when finished.
Feel free to experiment around with different fruits and veggies. For foods such as potatoes and apples be sure to steam them before you add it to the juicer for a smooth consistency.