Hydrate your skin and break down cellulite naturally with this recipe for Homemade Cellulite Cream. It is all natural and made with essential oils. I recommend using a glass jar to store it since the citrus oils are highly concentrated. And since this is all natural you will not be putting any chemicals on your body. Plus, it smells so good!
To use it just massage into the cellulite affected area daily and leave on for 5 minutes. Then rinse off. You can massage it in using your hands or you can use a shower pouf. I like to apply it right before I get in the shower that way it is easy to spray off. I recommend applying it at night before bed as the citrus oils may make your skin sensitive especially in the sun.
You will then start to notice that it will gradually reduce the appearance of cellulite over a period of time and get you bathing suit ready for the summer.
Homemade Cellulite Cream
- ¾ cup Coconut oil
- 2 tbsp. Beeswax
- 2 tbsp. Witch Hazel
- 10 drops Lemon Essential Oil
- 30 Drops Grapefruit Essential Oil
- Small glass jar
- In a small bowl mix witch hazel and essential oils, stir until well blended.
- Add coconut oil and beeswax in a small pan and place over low heat until completely melted and well blended.
- In a small glass jar mix coconut oil mixture with essential oils mixture and combine evenly.
- Store in a cool, dry place.
Why it works!
Grapefruit and Lemon Essential Oils both work to increase circulation, eliminating toxins and help with fluid retention. Grapefruit oil is a strong anti-inflammatory and contains the enzyme bromelain, which helps to break down cellulite.
The witch hazel refines and tightens the skin; this helps deflect the visual effects of cellulite.
The beeswax and coconut oil act as a cream base and quickly absorbs into the skin allowing for maximum benefits of the oils.