If your family loves Little Debbie Cosmic Brownies as much as my family does than you are going to love this recipe for Copycat Cosmic Brownies. Not only do they taste better but they are less expensive to make and doesn’t have all those strange ingredients. They may be even a little healthier than buying a box at the store. 😉 These are great to make ahead of time and stick them in the kids lunches when they go back to school. If you don’t want to use sprinkles, you could try M&M’s, or other goodies for the topping.
“PIN IT” by clicking the PIN button on the image above!
Get more RECIPES from ShortCutSaver here!
Copycat Cosmic Brownies
- 3/4 cup melted Butter
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2/3 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 tbsp Water
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 3/4 cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 3/4 cup Flour
- 1 1/2 cup Semi-Sweet Chips
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- Candy Sprinkle decorations
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line a 9x13 pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil and spray with non stick spray.
- Combine melted butter, eggs, sugar, brown sugar, water, and vanilla in a large bowl and whisk to combine.
- Whisk in the cocoa powder until incorporated.
- Add the flour and stir until just incorporated.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Lightly smooth and level the top.
- Bake 25 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in pan.
- Microwave chocolate chips and cream in a medium bowl for 1 minute
- Whisk until smooth.
- Pour icing over cooled brownies and lightly smooth.
- Refrigerate for 15-30 minutes to allow icing to slightly firm.
- Add sprinkles to top and return to refrigerator to finish setting.
- When icing is completely set, Slice and serve.
Nutritional facts are estimates and are provided as a courtesy to the reader. Please utilize your own brand nutritional values to double check against our estimates. Nutritional values are calculated via a third party. Changing ingredients, amounts or cooking technique will alter the estimated nutritional calculations.