This Cola Chicken recipe is a great way to change up dinner, easy to make and has a great taste the whole family loves!
Who loves easy dinners? Me too! If it’s simple and my family likes it, I’m going to make it more. This recipe is one of them. It’s so easy to throw everything together in a casserole dish and let the oven do the cooking. Dinner is done in 2 hours or less and easy to pair with a side of rice, caesar salad, mashed potatoes, coleslaw or sweet glazed carrots.
Recipe Tips & Variations
- Can use chicken wings or chicken thighs.
- Add more meat by wrapping bacon around the chicken.
- Want more flavor? Add different seasonings to your liking.
- Kick it up a notch and add some hot sauce to mix for some heat.
Can you Cook Cola Chicken in the Crock Pot?
Yes, you can most definitely in the slow cooker. Just throw all the ingredients in a crock pot and cook on low 6-8 hours or high 4-6 hours until chicken is done at 165 degrees internal temperature.
Can you use Diet Cola in Cola Chicken?
Yes, you can use diet cola in place of regular cola in this recipe. The taste may be slightly different with a more sweeter flavor because of the sweetener used in diet soda. You can also use Cherry Cola or Dr. Pepper if you want an even more sweeter/cherry flavor in your chicken.
More Chicken Recipes
- Chicken Enchilada Skillet
- Baked Sweet Hawaiian Chicken
- Chicken Thighs in Spinach Mustard Cream Sauce
- Lemon Chicken Zoodle Bowls
Cola Chicken Ingredients
4 chicken breasts
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp minced garlic
1 can cola (12 0z)
Onion salt/powder to taste
Salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Cola Chicken
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Place chicken in a 9X13 baking dish. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
In a medium bowl, whisk together brown sugar, soy sauce, minced garlic, onion salt/powder and cola.
Pour mixture over chicken. Cover with foil and bake for 1 ½ – 2 hours or until chicken is cooked through and internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
Carefully remove foil and enjoy!
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 can cola (12 0z)
- Onion salt/powder to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place chicken in a 9X13 baking dish. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together brown sugar, soy sauce, minced garlic, onion salt/powder and cola.
- Pour mixture over chicken. Cover with foil and bake for 1 ½ - 2 hours or until chicken is cooked through and internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
- Carefully remove foil and enjoy!